Will Pop dancing help me loose weight????????

Options
I find gym monotonous every now and then...so i was wondering if dancing can help me loose weight?????Got any ideas guys???

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Well if that's the only thing you're changing, then no. However if you've created a deficit through eating and then exercise creating a further deficit, then yes it can help.
  • sakchange
    sakchange Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    oh no.... @lozze ...i have changed my diet and also practice yoga for stretching....but i was wondering if it would be advisable to swap my hour in the gym with an hour of dancing for a couple of months...???

P.S. : soooo impressed with your progress....wtg..!!!! :D
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Dancing can help you lose weight. A calorie deficit causes weight loss. If dancing creates the deficit or increases it, then it will help you lose weight. If not, then it won't help with weight loss. But exercise has benefits beyond weight loss so crank up the music and dance.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am going to say yes. If you're burning calories, you're burning calories.
    You should try it and see how you feel- Do you break a sweat? Does it feel like a workout?

Maybe try dancing with some weights in your hands too.

I do it every now and again on a rainy day, I'll dance to a whole album and make sure to be going fast enough to break a sweat within the first song. Sometimes I invite my sister over for a dance party workout too. No judging though!

If you're doing it at home, and have stairs in your house you can always do few sets up and down your stairs between songs!
  • starartist
    starartist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well, I used a dance arcade game (Pump it Up) for 6 months, one - two hours 3 days a week on a difficulty level of 10 - 15 without changing my diet and I lost 7 lbs. Then I joined MFP and dieted while still using the dance game for 3 months and lost 11 lbs. So as long as you are really pushing yourself while dancing I think that you can lose :-)
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Dancing will help you lose weight. I love to dance, so sometimes I put on a CD and dance with my 4 1/2 yr old, or the 2 of us will play Just Dance on the Kinect. Either way, I try to jump around and sweat. I also bought Zumba, which I LOVE, because it is a fun dancing workout.
  • feather314
    Options
    It's basically cardio so sure, bring on the dancing!!!
  • acaff07
    acaff07 Posts: 12
    Options
    Just Dance for the Wii. Awesome. You sweat and out of breath and it's just plain fun!!!
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If you want to dance, try Zumba. You can burn over 600 calories in 1 hour. You can do it at a gym, on a gaming station, with a DVD. It mixes up a lot of different dance types and is a blast.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yea ! Bloody kills me haha, I use Zumba and a few other dance games for the XBox Kinect they are great and fun
    Also make sure you really go for it if your not building up a sweat its not guna be doing you much good.