Anyone starting a round of Insanity??

Options
Starting Insanity tomorrow, just looking for a support buddy for the 60 days.

Replies

• wjiang4
    wjiang4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting insanity tomorrow as well! I'd love it if we could be accountabilibuddies!
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, hopefully! There's an October group I just joined. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8257-insanity-30day-challenge-october-1st
    If you want, friend me and we can all be accountable to each other as well! :)
  • Eddie274
    Eddie274 Posts: 156
    Options
    Am going to be starting this week. Same as the rest as far as friends goes. I'll send requests. I struggled to hell the last time I tried the workouts, but hope to be able to stick with it this time with support!
  • ab958
    ab958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I keep seeing Insanity mentioned on message boards. I've never heard of it but since I keep seeing it come up I'm curious. What is it and does it work?
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    i started today :-) the fit test was hard !
  • LariceDavis
    LariceDavis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting today at 7:00 pm. Did the fit test--hard but worth it. Let's you know just where you are and gives you something to aim for in the end. Excited and afraid but looking forward to the outcome!
  • pickle_button
    pickle_button Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I keep seeing Insanity mentioned on message boards. I've never heard of it but since I keep seeing it come up I'm curious. What is it and does it work?

It's a 60 day workout program that you can do at home on dvds. Just finished the fit test, going to start with the first workout now.... it's not for the faint of heart!
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I want to start Insanity all over again. I almost completed the 2 month challenge last month, but had to stop because we were not allowed to workout at work anymore and I didn't own the DVDs. Now that I have my own Insanity, I'm able to workout at home and do more than 2-4 days of it. I'll join ya.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    There's a fine line between genius and insanity- I've managed to cross that line, lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Insanity is great! i've done it like 3 times and done month two even more (like to do month two twice so its 90 days)

it scared the crap out of me in the begining!

But you just do what you can and take a break, do what you can and take a break.

The first week in my opinion is probably the hardest, because you will be very sore.

A few tips from my experience:

- its a tough program, but you might not see that much results in week one. Just something a lot of people had said, stick with it.
    - you will burn a lot of calories, but this is going to make you hungry. striking the right balance of calorie restriction and not eating to little might be the hardest part of any exercise program. Follow the instructions in the nutrition guide and you should be good. Never eat less then your BMR while working out this hard.
    - EAT/DRINK SOMETHING AS SOON AS YOU ARE FINISHED! NOT excercising on an empty stomach and eating when you are done are the most important aspects of nutrion if you ask me. The BB results and recovery drink is a very good choice, but there are many post workout drinks that have the 4:1 carb to protien ratio. But low fat chocolate milk is honestly nearly as good, has a 3:1 carb to protien ratio, cost much, much less and tastes great.

Good luck to all. Realize that the warm up is THE hardest part. After thats done your in the grove and its just a matter of doing what you can and hanging in there.

I'm doing the asylum now and loving it.
  • smithychar
    Options
    im not doing insanity but started jillian michaels 30 day shred today :D x
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    how you liking that?

is that different then the one i'm seeing comercials for on tv? i thought it was a 60 or 90 progarm

i want to try that MMA workout soon. Also go P90X at home that i haven't cracked open yet.
  • shay2good
    Options
    I'm starting insanity tomorrow too . Feel free too add me. :-)
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    oh one other thing (hope i'm not being a pain in the butt lol)

when you get tired, like real tired, during the workout, thats the time when you are most susceptible to injury. This is because your form is likely to break down, cause your brain/body are naturally going to try to find away to slightly alter the motions to make them easier (such as bending more with your lower back, and less at the knees, things like that).

At this point you have two options

1. stop, take a break

2. slow down, concentrate on what your body is doing and the proper form discussed in the dig deeper video and throughout insanity.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking faster is always better. When your not tired you want to go fast to get yourself to that point of exhaustion, but once you are there, prefect form will protect your body and also build a better body. 10 reps with good from is better then 100 with bad form

I injured myself real bad because i got tired and was using bad form. Had to take 2 months off and gained back all the weight :( talk about a motivation sapper.
  • webbkk
    webbkk Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi!! I started insanity two weeks ago with my boyfriend and now we're on week 3...love it, finally starting to see results and could feel results from the beginning. I would love to be your "insanity buddy"! Always looking for more support, etc. even though I'm a few weeks ahead. I still def. remember what it was like on day 1 though and I'm taking my second fit test today.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!!

- I agree with paxfaux on most everything...after week one (and even by the end of it maybe) the soreness almost entirely goes away and you just feel more energetic. Week 1 is def. the hardest on your body.

I'm also a physical therapist assistant and am sitting for the boards soon, so if you have any questions about form or diet or anything, I hope I can help!

Just hang in there...and I do think supplements help. After our workouts we make smoothies and mix in a vanilla icecream flavored recovery formula which always makes us feel better and is so YUMMY. Nice little reward at the end.

I also agree with paxfaux in that, if you need to take a break and catch your breath, do so. I am to the point now where I don't have to as much, but I def. did week one and I think if you let the video play and you're not getting much of the exercises in because you're winded and on the floor and letting the tape run, then you're missing out on a lot of the hard work. :)

As Shaun T says, recover before you start again..which doesn't mean you have to get your heart rate back down to resting, but enough at least to where you're not throwing up in the middle of the workout lol.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    how are you guys doing?
  • hrmcphee
    hrmcphee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My DVD's are on the way, hoping to start Monday. My husband and are making a go of it together. My twin sister just finished and is starting another round. I'm looking forward (I think?) to it! I'd love to have some motivational buddies, even if I am a little behind! :)
  • frj85
    frj85 Posts: 62
    Options
    im starting Monday....dont know how this will go, im overweight and out of shape lol
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I just started it, and I hate/love it! Feel free to add me!