30 Day Shred Day 15

Options
So I started my weight loss journey August 27th, 2012. 6 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS....and for the past 6 yeras I've struggled with various symptoms of it. Something finally kicked in this summer and I was driven to seek out a doctor that could help. One day I truly hope to have children. One of the most devastating symptoms I've dealt with is the excessive weight gain. I hit a wall at the end of this summer and decided enough was enough. My doctor recommended that I see a nutritionist. The nutritionist recommended I start a low-carb lifestyle. For 33 days now, thats what I have done. It doesn't feel like a burden......it feels like me saving my life. 2 weeks into the low-carb lifestyle I had lost 16lbs. This was the motivation I needed to keep going. Since then I have also incorporated exercise in as a part of my new lifestyle. I walk 2-3 miles at least 3 times a week, and I've started doing 30 Day Sherd everyday. (Saturday is my rest day) As most who post here say.......I wish I would have taken measurements......but pictures help. I have only lost an additional 5lbs in the 2 weeks I've done the 30 Day Shred....but my co-workers have noted a difference, I feel a difference, and the pictures show a difference.......at least in my eyes ;)

MyFitnessPal has definitely been a contributing factor in my success so far. I log everything...everyday and hold myself accountable. Sometimes I'll log things before I eat them and realize that its not worth the calories...or the carbs....and It helps me make more educated decisions. This coupled with my dedication to lose weight, become healthy and someday have children has given me the drive I've lacked for so many years. That is why I am not on a diet..........I'm changing my lifestyle through movement and better choices about what I eat. :)

I'm always open to friend requests. Everyones stories have truly been motivating on this journey. I still have a lot to go, and wouldn't mind some friends along the way!

30DSday1-15.png

1550708.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• rowanjessie
    Options
    Congratulations. There's a huge difference in those two photos. I have PCOS too and live a life of fluctuation - you're so right about those tiny decisions. Most of the time it isn't worth it! Congratulations on turning yourself around and working hard at it. You look great.
  • birruetab
    Options
    Thank You :flowerforyou:
  • Miz_Anthropy
    Miz_Anthropy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    major difference! this is motivating. keep up the awesome work :)
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • birruetab
    Options
    Thanks girls! :)
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    way to go hun!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What a difference 2 weeks makes, but overall congrats on your journey and better decisions for yourself. I hope that one day you get your wish of extending your family and know that you have done everything in your power to make that happen. Keep up the awesome work!
  • Glamazon511
    Glamazon511 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Makes me look forward to doing The 30 Shred.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work! your almost there!!! I can't wait to start my 30 day shred!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    i can really tell the difference in your waist and tummy. well done :o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!