Exercise

Has anyone else had this problem? I work out hard and eat right and then the next few days are a disaster - I am hungry and do not want to exercise - sometimes I am sore but other times just tired.

Am I working out too hard? Am I not eating enough to give me energy?

Anyone else found this to be true? I need help and advice because it is like one step forward and 2 steps back!!!

Replies

• msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    make your food diary public. Chances are pretty good that you're not eating enough, and that you aren't eating well enough.
  • For the first couple of months I was super sore and then one day I noticed that I wasn't anymore. And the making your food diary public is a good idea because I wasn't eating enough and my daughter figured that out for me.
  • That was me, not eating enough. Soreness went away after a few days.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Has anyone else had this problem? I work out hard and eat right and then the next few days are a disaster - I am hungry and do not want to exercise - sometimes I am sore but other times just tired.

Am I working out too hard? Am I not eating enough to give me energy?

Anyone else found this to be true? I need help and advice because it is like one step forward and 2 steps back!!!

If you are logging your exercise, are you taking advantage of the extra calories MFP is giving you? Being tired and sore (beyond the delicious if painful soreness you will eventually start to love because it means you pushed yourself just a little harder than last time) is a symptom of one of at least four things:

1. Not drinking enough water to give your muscles the hydration they need to heal (is your urine pale yellow or clear? No? Is it darker? Drink more water).

2. Not sleeping enough. Take the time to rest properly.

3. Not eating enough, or eating enough but of foods that aren't nourishing you properly. If you are not logging your exercise, start. If you are not eating back those calories, try it for a while. If you are not eating enough protein, eat more. Carbohydrates is a maximum to stay under (but near). Fat is a goal to be met (but not exceeded by much). Protein is a MINIMUM that you really want to meet every day.

4. Overdoing it. Try backing off a bit for a few days - do the same exercises to encourage muscle healing, but at a lower intensity.
  • pamsad
    pamsad Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you so much! I will take your advice to heart and follow it starting today!
  • pamsad
    pamsad Posts: 14 Member
    Hi,
    I eat under my calories almost every day - the hard part is eating more when you know you are trying to lose weight, but I will try!!

:drinker: