Dessert!

Options
Hello!

I am going to my annual "Lost" night on Tuesday. We always have a buffet of tasty treats that I enjoy in moderation. Any ideas for a low calorie but delicious dessert? I made Diet Sprite cupcakes last week that were a big hit. I want to make sure that everyone will like what I have to bring, even if they aren't watching their weight.

THANKS!

548355.png

Replies

• fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    what are the diet sprite cupcakes u mentioned???
  • HulaCherry
    Options
    All you do is take a light colored cake mix (yellow / white / strawberry / whatever) and all you add is a can of room temperature diet sprite and bake as normal. If you are doing a dark cake use diet coke.
  • ErikaSudz
    Options
    I usually make a pie out of low fat graham cracker crust and fat free sugar free pudding mix. Just add 1 3/4 cups milk to it instead of 2 cups. You can top it with no sugar added fruit topping and lite or fat free cool whip. My boys even eat it and love it! Plus it is so easy to make it.

Erika
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Rice Krispie Treats!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories, but at a recent church function they served sliced strawberries & bananas in a cup with just a little bit of sweetened condense milk. It was AWESOME!
  • HulaCherry
    Options
    I usually make a pie out of low fat graham cracker crust and fat free sugar free pudding mix. Just add 1 3/4 cups milk to it instead of 2 cups. You can top it with no sugar added fruit topping and lite or fat free cool whip. My boys even eat it and love it! Plus it is so easy to make it.

Erika

Yum! I wonder if they make a sugar free strawberry? That would be tasty on top of the chocolate.
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    How about cut up fresh fruit? You could even bring some type of fruit dip like chocolate or flavored cream cheese/cool whip with it.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For Valentines day we just had cut up strawberries and bananas in (light) whipped cream, and it was soooo sooo good!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake is really easy on the diet :) Fat free whipped cream is a good 'icing'.

I also have used a WW recipe with great feedback that layers cut up pieces of angel food cake, fat free low sugar vanilla pudding (2 mixes made with skim milk), fat free whipped cream and berries. YUMM