hi again, can anyone help me?!?!

Options
hey guys i was suppose to post every once in a week but i honestly cant help it, i need some advice, well the thing is that the only way ill be able to work out is either before my classes or after late at night, either way id be to tired in the morning or staying up at night leading me to be to tired at morning what am i suppose to do!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    is there a 24-hour gym close to where you live or work? for some, that has really helped a lot. Or try healthy habits like, taking stairs, instead of the elevator. Walking and stretching every 15 minutes, walking for about 30mins. Don't pressure yourself right away, because that may lead to disappointments. Good luck!
  • hateras
    hateras Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would do the best you can to do the morning.. This will jump start your day and get your metabolism going which will carry you through the day.
  • kevin101
    Options
    thx for ur help guys , ill really use it
  • I just finished an intense 3 weeks of non stop exercise at Fitness Ridge, one of the best things they asked was "Are you a morning person or night owl?" The trainers then told us that morning people should not try to work out in the evenings and night owls should never try to work out in the morning, its a set up for frustration and disappointment. They recommended that you determine which time you generally have more energy and keep that as your work out times. Consistency gets the job done.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Since you mention classes you are either a teacher or a student. Since you're 18, I'm guessing student. Are you in college or high school? If it is college, I recommend parking as far away from your building as possible, and don't move your car again until you leave campus. If you live on compus, don't use your car! You may have to learn to speed walk if you have lots of classes back to back in different buildings, but that just adds to your exercise! Plus, having all your books in a backpack adds weight :wink: (although you will want to make sure it is adjusted correctly so you don't hurt your back!). If you have a lunch break and you're campus has an exercise center, USE IT! Even 30 minutes in there is better than 0 minutes. Treadmill or eliptical are two easy ones to use right off the bat. Those are just some ideas of what I did way back in the last millenium while I was at college!:laugh: I know it won't give you the 1000 calorie workouts you might get with an hour or two to work in the gym, but it is definately better than sitting on your rear all day.

Also, if you or a budy has a Wii, play DDR for an hour or two on the weekends. If you keep dancing between songs, it can be a GREAT workout.
  • Beautifylgirl
    Beautifylgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree if there is a 24 hr gym close by I would try to join them. It makes it easier to go whenever you're avalible. When I was working 10hr days I knew I was going to be exhausted in the evening after work and driving home. I chose to get up a hour earlier to go to the gym work out and then go to work. It actually worked out well for me as I was nice and awake by the time I got to work and was able to be very productive. Good luck Kevin!
  • sheri3762
    Options
    You might think this sounda a bit crazy, but when I first started working out, I had the same problem. NO time. Anyway, in the mornings when I first got up before I even got out of bed, I kicked off the blankets and did crunches, leg lifts, stretches and anything else I could think of for tem minutes. I did eventually move to my bedroom floor! I also would try to do some of these excercies during odd times. LIke when your making phone calls or waiting for your computer to log on. I keep dumbells by my desk and during those minutes when I'm just sitting there, I do excercises. I didn't get much cardo, but i did get some resistance training in. I also did some of these excercises when I got into bed at night. Especially if I couldn't sleep. Just an idea to help.....It got me a bit more motivated. Now I've worked up to an hour a day of cardio and strength training. You can do it, you just gotta figure out when you have those few minutes available. I agree with the others also. Try to find a gym. Is there on on campus you could use? GOOD LUCK!
  • saram21
    Options
    You should try Jillian Micheals 30 day shred. All you have to do is dedicate 20 minutes a day! It has worked great for me! You can buy it at Walmart and all you need is a set of hand weights. I just use 2lb. ball weights. It seems easy but it is a tough workout.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Believe me, sometimes I feel like I NEVER have time. I go to school full-time and work part-time, but soon will be starting a full-time job also. On top of homework, trying to plan my meals and prepare them, I do need time to sleep and all of that other important stuff haha. But if I want this change to happen I know that I will HAVE to fit in a workout. I would suggest finding some really good 10 minute workouts. I know some cable companies provide free onDemand exercise videos that usually have a quick workout section.
    I'm actually starting the Beach Body 10 Minute Trainer tomorrow. It tells you what 10 minute workout to do each day and if you have a little more time it tells you what 2 workouts to do that day. And if there is every a day you have even more time, you can do 3 videos for the full 30 minutes. 10 minutes of intense workouts that get you to sweat is a good way to fit it in, you can choose if you'd rather do 10 minutes in the morning before you get ready for the day or 10 minutes at night. Then make one small change a week, such as taking the stairs more often, parking farther away, or taking the longer way to get somewhere.
  • Jojonirose
    Jojonirose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know that once you start to exercise that the more energy you have...I would suggest getting up a little early and working out then you will feel more invigorated throughout your day....good luck
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm a night time worker-outer, but really, you have to fit it in when you can. If exercise perks you up, find time in the AM for it, if it relaxes you and helps you sleep, fit it in at night. It's necessary, and worth the investment either way.

It doesn't have to be done in one session either- you can spread it out through the day. Calories burned are calories burned. :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    My daughter is in college, does theater, and works part time. She gets most of her exercise from walking to and from classes. She lives on campus so she walks pretty far most days. Log your walking time as exercise and walk as often and as fast as you can. Taking the stairs as often as you can will help. Exercising at lunch time is a good idea too. I started my exercise by walking the track at school (I'm a teacher) for half of my lunch. A couple of times a week I'd walk after school as well. Where there's a will there's a way. Exercise will give you more energy and make you sleep better at night.
  • kevin101
    Options
    just to clarify, yes im in collage
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    You might think this sounda a bit crazy, but when I first started working out, I had the same problem. NO time. Anyway, in the mornings when I first got up before I even got out of bed, I kicked off the blankets and did crunches, leg lifts, stretches and anything else I could think of for tem minutes. I did eventually move to my bedroom floor! I also would try to do some of these excercies during odd times. LIke when your making phone calls or waiting for your computer to log on. I keep dumbells by my desk and during those minutes when I'm just sitting there, I do excercises. I didn't get much cardo, but i did get some resistance training in. I also did some of these excercises when I got into bed at night. Especially if I couldn't sleep. Just an idea to help.....It got me a bit more motivated. Now I've worked up to an hour a day of cardio and strength training. You can do it, you just gotta figure out when you have those few minutes available. I agree with the others also. Try to find a gym. Is there on on campus you could use? GOOD LUCK!

I just LOVE this!!!!! :smooched:
  • robinsonmsn
    robinsonmsn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That would explain my frustration. I'm a morning person and try the gym in the afternoon after work and I'm just totally irritated. But when I take the am weekend classes I'm perfectly fine. And I really have no excuse I wake up at 6:30 almost every day. I can just head to the gym...
  • robinsonmsn
    robinsonmsn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I think I clicked submit before I finished the post. Try fitting in some exercise in your work/school day. I've started taking a small set of weights to work. So when I have time in between meetings I can do a few sets. I picked up a mat from the goodwill so I can do a little mat work. And you can always do some chair exercises "sit and be fit". I've finally found a group of people at my church that also go to 24hour different ones so I know make it a point to visit the other gyms with them to keep myself motivated.