Crossfit

Options
I've been doing Crossfit for about 3 weeks and am having a hard time seeing my results. I mean, I feel stronger but I'm not seeing much weight loss. I got 4-5 times a week , and jog 3 days a week for 20 minutes. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this out and wanted your thoughts, and result stories? thx!

Replies

• Ali71011
    Ali71011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been going to Crossfit since July. The thing I've noticed is that you're really not going to see your weight decrease as much as you're going to see inches lost. Also, because you're building muscle, you might even gain a few lbs. Another point to make is that you should make sure you're taking in enough calories. I know that if I don't consume enough calories my weight will go into maintain mode instead of weight loss mode. Hope that helps!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have been doing crossfit type stuff for about 3 weeks now and I actually gained about 4 pounds. It could also be that im not doing as much carido but I think im gaining muscle.
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I participated in crossfit at my gym for months...and yes, I agree. I didn't lose weight per se...but just got stronger and saw some muscle definition. But for me, I had to increase my cardio in order to start seeing weight loss. So I'm tried something else.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    When you increase the amount you exercise don't depend on a scale for results you build muscle in place of fat. Worry about Inches and area's more toned.
  • M2DandA
    M2DandA Posts: 12
    Options
    I've been doing CrossFit for a year. Three weeks is just getting things going. Give it some time yet.

The scale isn't all that reliable when gaining muscle and losing fat. The scale might not move, but the inches will come off if your diet is good and you're taking in enough calories to feed your body. Keep up the good work and stick to it! :)
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize the point of CrossFit could even be to lose weight. I mean unless you had a lot to lose. Doing that type of exercise is meant to build muscle...quickly. You measurements and BF% is what should be changing.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've been Crossfitting since July. It broke my plateau that I was in and lost about 5 lbs. When I started lifting heavier weights I saw weight gain, but people noticed that I was thinner. So you are probably putting on muscle.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Diet is responsible for weight loss, not exercise. Exercise can supplement diet for weight loss (and it has a whole bunch of other benefits as well), but you can out-eat even the best exercise program out there.

If you're not losing weight and want to, look at your diet first and foremost.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    how do your clothes fit??
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't drink the crossfit koolaid, but anytime you start a resistance exercise routine your muscles will swell and retain water which will slow your loss down for a couple of weeks. I think this is probably your issue. I just started a resistance program and loss slowed down. I checked by BF and it went down 2 points. This week, the fourth week since starting, I saw a 2 lb loss. You just need to be a little more patient as long as your eating is still good.
  • laprovocateur
    laprovocateur Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Crossfit = bad form, too many preventable injuries, all cardio with little to no clear purpose.

Pardon me for sharing my disillusionment.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I don't do crossfit. Just passing through because it is expected.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    First off, get some body measurements. Using the scale as your only form of measurements is a sure way to cause disappointment and discourage you. Are your clothes fitting better? Have you noticed any lost inches? Crossfit will likely built muscle while you are also burning fat, but muscle weighs more so it’s easy to mask your actually fat loss with muscle gain.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for 2 years but only twice a week. More than that and I'm too sore to run well which is a higher priority for me.

I wouldn't say it resulted in any weight loss for me. To lose weight for me it's all about diet. i don't think the Cf workouts burn enough calories to make a huge difference for fat burning.
    What CF did for me is firm everything up. Over the course of 6 months I dropped a dress/pants size, without losing any weight, and lost almost all of the post-baby jiggle in the arms and stomach.

To those who say it's just cardio, you may have only seen the "workouts of the day" thst some people seem to like to post videos of themselves doing. Those take less than half the class hour. At my gym we always first spend 20 to 30 minutes lfiting 5x5 or 5-3-1.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I might could do 2 lifts 5x5 or 5-3-1 in 20 minutes
  • michkays
    Options
    I have been doing it since this past March and it has been great for me. Lost 35 pounds - doing sit ups after 15 years and throwing weight over the top of my head like I still can't believe. Stick with it the feeling of strength does not compare to any other unsucessful routine I have ever done. I am only 15 pounds from my goal weight and I have not been able to say that for at least 10 years.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I might could do 2 lifts 5x5 or 5-3-1 in 20 minutes
    Yes.