I just don't get it

Options
2»

Replies

• jweyand
    Options
    alcohol will dehydrate you and the loss could be water loss. It happens to me everytime I drink. It's irritating. The moment you rehydrate it's all back so be careful with the alcohol intake. The carbs alone in it will creep up on you.

Trust me I feel your pain with the 'being good and dedicated' and then not seeing the scale budge. I've started using my tape measure more because i get better results with that half the time. The science of weight loss is just a pain in the butt.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    yes, it definitely has to be GOOD fats... so what are the BEST fats then.. I realize now that the Olive Oil to cook with is the best.. will never use anything else! Great for making pop corn old kettle style!

I don't know if I agree with going out and having pork!!!! That can't be good, can it? Or would lean be ok? Cause no matter what all meat has some fat? Didn't it say that was ok on that video.. I need to watch it again.. cause my three kids were interrupting me! I hardly have time in my day to keep track of all this!

Saturated Fat is not bad for you. Everyone has bought into the low fat, can't have any saturated fat mantra and now thinks that Saturated Fat is not good for you.

I eat Pork everyday, whether it is bacon or sausage. I eat preservative free meat products and my cholesterol has went down. My cholesterol actually starts rising when I eat a low fat and higher carb diet. Goes down like clock work when I eat a high fat, low carb (all natural) diet.

Maybe read this thread.................

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60768-eat-more-fat

Has no one else put together the correlation of the push of the low fat diet and the heart disease epidemic???? It all started in the 1950's. They started pushing the low fat diets and little saturated fats and the rate of Heart Disease has skyrocketed higher and higher and higher.............
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't mean to offend, and I apologize if I did. Personally, I'm not a fan of low-carb, high-fat diets. I'm not saying they never work for anybody, but that's not how I have gotten results. I don't think it's accurate to say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything, which is why I like to have discussions with people who have different points of view. I'll always try to keep an open mind, and sometimes I'm more successful at that than others. I wish you great success finding health and happiness whatever way works for you. :smile:

I am not a fan of low fat, low calorie diets either, I have the opposite result.................

I never said you didn't know what you are talking about in general, I was speaking specifically regarding low carb, higher fat eating plans. I have done extensive research on a lot of different plans, have done a lot of plans.

If you have never researched the science of how a low carb diet works, the menus and food lists that you eat from, then I don't like when someone speaks on something they obviously know nothing about and are only touting stuff they read in a magazine bashing the low carb lifestyle or heard from some other media outlet.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't mean to offend, and I apologize if I did. Personally, I'm not a fan of low-carb, high-fat diets. I'm not saying they never work for anybody, but that's not how I have gotten results. I don't think it's accurate to say I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything, which is why I like to have discussions with people who have different points of view. I'll always try to keep an open mind, and sometimes I'm more successful at that than others. I wish you great success finding health and happiness whatever way works for you. :smile:

I am not a fan of low fat, low calorie diets either, I have the opposite result.................

I never said you didn't know what you are talking about in general, I was speaking specifically regarding low carb, higher fat eating plans. I have done extensive research on a lot of different plans, have done a lot of plans.

If you have never researched the science of how a low carb diet works, the menus and food lists that you eat from, then I don't like when someone speaks on something they obviously know nothing about and are only touting stuff they read in a magazine bashing the low carb lifestyle or heard from some other media outlet.
    I don't like low-calorie diets myself, so I guess there's one area where we can agree.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    maybe you weren't eating enough calories, period.