New Here... trying to lose baby fat

Options
Ok... I don't have time for long work outs! It's winter in Minnesota... I don't have a tread mill! But I'm starting to do sit ups,crunches, and push ups... to get in shape and I just ordered the Acu-hoop. Is this going to work for me?

The scale says I have 15 pounds to lose... but since I started having kids I've lost muscle tone and wonder if I lose 15 pounds, I'm going to look gaunt!? But also I know there has got to be at least 10 pounds just on my tummy! My baby is almost 6 months old and I look like I'm at least 4 months prego unless I wear tight wranglers up over my belly.. which of course I don't do... since I don't ride horse these days. My belly hangs right over the stupid low rise jeans. I don't have a tap yet to start measuring.. and I ordered a scale with my hoop. So, I haven't even weighed in yet since I started this diet. I don't feel much better.. cause my mid section hasn't changed. How long does it take! I didn't get this much flab until after my third baby!!!!!!!! I hate it... my hubby just joined the army six months ago... he is in tip top shape.. and I'm moving to be with him in a couple weeks. Yes, he's seen me like this.. but I sooo want to be fit for HIM! I want to surprise him and be totally sexy when I see him... I don't see it happening that fast! HELP!!!! I need encouragement!!!!!

Replies

• Boo28
    Boo28 Posts: 3
    Options
    15lbs of fat to lose, well sit ups, crunches etc. burn hardly any fat at all, they just build the muscle beneath it, sit ups and crunches will make you look toned after burning the fat but wont help to burn it. best fat burning exercises are as follows:
    Swimming
    Cycling
    Sprinting
    Skipping
    Hoop
    these are the best ways to burn the fat quickly, and also eat less carbs in your diet
    Hope this helps
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    What I always heard is it takes 9 months to gain the baby weight and takes at least that long to take it off. My son was a year and a few months before I got back to normal. That was with 4 months of hard work. You can't expect to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks. If you do, it will come right back on. Don't worry about how good a shape your husband is in. He didn't recently give birth. Just take it slow with the diet and exercise and don't be so hard on yourself.
  • proudarmywife49
    Options
    well.. yeah... I know I need to do cartio stuff too... I just feel maybe toning the tummy will make it look better... it looks fat because it's loose and NOT toned. If I could lose 5 or 10 pounds I'd be happy.. I guess 15 is my ultimate goal.

Got my hoop today.. so excited!
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Try exercisetv.tv. There's tons of free cardio workouts you can do on there- circuit training as well which will burn fat and help you tone up at the same time. I have 2 kids and stay at home as well- when they're playing I just try to fit in a 20 min workout a few times a day. I'm often interupted but I just press pause and try to get right back into it.
  • madpeter
    madpeter Posts: 1
    Options
    HI there,

I had my baby 12 months ago and know exactly how you feel. I used to have a very flat tummy and are slowly working my way back to it! The best thing, that worked well after my first baby, is to do pilates. That's the best excersise to get a flat tummy, as it also pulls your posture back straight. I don't have much time for excersise, but bought myself a fitball, so now, while watching "Ugly Betty", I work my tummy and butt for 1 hour. Promise you it works!

Lucky for my, my husband's tummy is bigger than mine, so I'll be the hot one - ha ha

Good luck, maybe we can help each other. I only need to loose 4kg, but it's sooo hard. But I need to tone my body, I look terrible in swimmers and we're having a beach holiday at the end of the year.

Cheers
    Mom from Australia