How about an anti-NSV?

I knew my old scale was off, but I loved it cuz I thought it was low by about 4lbs...well, I bought a new one and it turns out that the old one was low by 6lbs!!! is that the opposite of a NSV? Or is it something new? did I just have a SD for Scale Defeat? SI for Scale Impersonation?

I know, I know...it's not like I weigh more, but I liked the old number way more than I like this new number!!!

Replies

• eyebex
    eyebex Posts: 12 Member
    maybe your new scale is off and the old one is correct
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    maybe your new scale is off and the old one is correct

Oh, don't I wish??? Nope, I knew the old one was low, just didn't know how low. sigh... :sad:
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Same thing happened to me...I knew the old scale was low by about 4 lbs but just hoped it was not that bad. I got a new and correct scale and I gained 2 lbs :sad: I just input my correct weight and started from there. Luckily MFP ticker does not say that I gained weight!
  • gavins1mimi
    gavins1mimi Posts: 15 Member
    Wouldn't that mean that you weighed more in the beginning too? You would have the same number of pounds lost, just a different weight number, right?
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Wouldn't that mean that you weighed more in the beginning too? You would have the same number of pounds lost, just a different weight number, right?

I like this!!! :wink:

I was so focused on being disappointed seeing the higher number the scale that I wasn't really thinking about having lost as many lbs. Thanks!
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Don't look at it as a bad thing! Yes, it's true that you weigh 6 pounds more than you originally thought, BUT your weight loss should still be the same...You just started 6 pounds heavier than you thought you started, but you've still lost 8 pounds, which is something to celebrate :)
  • I just input my correct weight and started from there. Luckily MFP ticker does not say that I gained weight!

Wow, that would be a discouraging auto post.
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    I didn't realize mine was 4lbs off but I would rather it be accurate
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    I can see how this would be discouraging but the other posters made a good point. You actually started higher than you thought. I think you can go back in and adjust your start weight if it bothers you...it would bother me!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    You can adjust your start weight? How? I was 260 when I started but 200 when I started MFP. I kinda want my ticker to show my whole weight loss journey. :D
  • You can adjust your start weight? How? I was 260 when I started but 200 when I started MFP. I kinda want my ticker to show my whole weight loss journey. :D

I can't find it if it is possible, nor can I find any topic regarding it in the tech forum.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    You can adjust your start weight? How? I was 260 when I started but 200 when I started MFP. I kinda want my ticker to show my whole weight loss journey. :D

I can't find it if it is possible, nor can I find any topic regarding it in the tech forum.

Hmm...maybe I can post a topic about it. Hold on....

EDIT: Posted it! Hopefully I can get an answer.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/756724-can-i-change-my-start-weight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!