My first NSV

Options
Prisme
Prisme Posts: 65 Member
I have been working out with a trainer for about 3 months now. I was on the machine doing the "flys" (I think that's what it's called). We were done and just chatting when a woman came up and asked if we were finished. My trainer says yeah were done, and I get up to leave. She checks the weight and yells "70 pounds!" We stop and she looks at my trainer (not me) and says "she lifted 70 lbs?" My trainer says yes, 3 sets, 15 reps. She was younger than me and looked fit in her tiny workout outfit. She sits down and tries to move the bars. Can't. Can't even budge them. Has to change the weight. As we walk away I look at the trainer and say "was that good?" meaning the 70 lbs. He puts his arms around my shoulders and says "you are a lot stronger than you think".

Hahaha. Made my day!

Replies

• jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story - thank you for sharing!!!
  • MrsFerere
    Options
    That is such an inspiration!!! Keep it up
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!
  • labellamireya
    labellamireya Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That IS awesome! Makes me want to get a trainer!
  • rsethridge
    rsethridge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is so motivational!!
  • Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes it was very motivational. I think the first time that little light bulb goes on that I CAN do this, you really believe in yourself. I was very unsure of the weights and I aruged with the trainer for a month about it. He was very encouraging but I still didn't believe I could do it. Now he tells me what to do and I do it. No questions. I don't even know what I am lifting. He just keeps upping the weights and encouraging me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!