super f'in depressed

Options
So, I have lost 67 lbs since July 2010. I was feeling great until this week. I am doing a production of the Wizard of Oz playing Glinda and can not find ANYTHING that fits. Every costume i have been given is too small. I went to a thrift store (because if I want to be reimbursed i have to spend less than $50,) NOTHING FITS!!!! I'm so depressed. I remember this feeling and swore I would never feel that way again, but here I am and all I want to do is eat a huge piece of chocolate cake. It's so depressing. I hate being big, and since the show opens this weekend, there isn't much I can do. okay, vent over. I just needed to get it out. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• behappydance
    Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm right here with you. I only started mfp in Jan and lost 15 but I've gained about 4 of that back and haven't changed anything! I know how depressing it is..big hugs and I hope something works out!
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. You've lost but now it appears not enough. Don't discredit the 67 pounds you've lost. That took hard work. I haven't been focusted enough to lose 10 pounds in a year and then I got determined and have lost 10 in 2 months. I have a long way to go, but I'd rather have the weight I lost off than on (with friends because fat doesn't like to live alone).

My vice is hickory sticks. Sure I'd eat it to punish myself, but in the end, it's me who'd be suffering and I'd have to lose it all over again. Sometimes we have to realize that our hasn't panned out the way we planned, but you'll look back on this someday and realize it wasn't as big a deal, especially when you get to your goal and can wear the ulimage gown. Someone wrote on here the My Fitness Pal Creed. You should find it and read it. It is oh, so inspiring! You've done good and most of all, you'e doing great. Just keep the prize in site!
  • ccebohmygod
    Options
    YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING. You know it will work out in the end. Have your bad day but don't let it spill over to tomorrow. And congrats on the weight loss - what an achievement
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    You've lost 67 pounds. That is a huge accomplishment right there. So what if you can't fit into some costume? Generally costumes run small to begin with. I say make your own costume. It'll fit perfectly and look a million times better. :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. i just hit my halfway point, clothes are fitting that didn't fit before. but I just want to BE THERE already.
  • UniformMr
    Options
    Celebrate those 67 pounds that you lost. That's incredible!!

Regarding the costume....because I do theatre, I know the frustration of trying to find your own costumes.

Have your considered checking out some bridal dress shops that rent? They usually rent bridesmaids dresses as well. If the production is for a very short run, maybe it would fit your budget.

Is the production runs for several weeks.....maybe they might cut you a deal for a credit in the playbill.

Break a Leg!

Michael