Zumba??-Who likes it??

Options
So I found Zumba Classes in my area that are held Tues and Thur from 6-7 for only $2 a class. I have been wanting to try Zumba for a long time. I am scared that it may be too fast paced and I don't want to be embarrased because I am a beginner. I just have alot of rythm and I heard it burns alot of calories..Should I?

Replies

• morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Youtube has loads of Zumba videos. That way you can try it out, see if you like it and get a little used to it before trying in front of others.
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fantastic - it's a great way to have fun and burn calories all at the same time. The main thing that makes a difference in a Zumba class is your instructor - every instructor is different and he/she generally is responsible for the flow of the class. So I suggest trying it (hey, if anything you can stand in the back if you're worried about not picking up on it). The main thing is that you have fun! I teach a Zumba class at our local Y, and it's fun to see the difference in teaching styles and the difference in class makeups. So I say try it, but be aware that if there's something that just doesn't "jive", you can always try another class or teacher.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    its super fun and dont worry, you can just follow along as best you can. no one is watching, they are all too busy trying to follow along themselves :) GO!!! 2 bucks a class is awesome!!!
  • bonjourdiva
    Options
    Go for it!!! I felt the same way and I am addicted to it now.
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do it!! its so much fun. There is a mix of people in the class.. people that are good dancers and those that are not, but no one cares.. just keep moving that's what matters. The first time is always a little tough cause you don't know the routines, but you get it as you keep going.

I was afraid to go also but I did and I just stood at the back of the room and trudged along.. and now I just love it and I've made friends. 1 hr of Zumba a over 500 calories.. and if you have a really good teacher, you will sweat tons and have fun at the same time.

Try it and report back, plus for $2 you can't go wrong!
  • Runnerslove
    Options
    try it! It is a lot of fun...you can always take it down a notch if it gets too much, or go out and get a sip of water.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I will give it a shot for only $2!