Hell....trying another diet plan

Options
Hello my name is Kim.berly.Iam 42 years old..Iam married 2 grown kids....a few years ago I went through depression and gained 80 pounds in less then a year...and im soo ready to get rid of it

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    You have come to the right place! I have been on the site for only 1 week and have lost 2lbs. I have 40lbs of baby weight to get rid of and haven't been able to do it any other way. There are so many supportive people on here that you really feel like you have to do your part. You can do this! My advice is to log on everyday and complete your food journal. My first day I went over by 1000 calories because I was just going to eat normally but log everything. What an eye opener! I wish you much success on this journey!
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    its going to be so easy you wont even feel like its a diet..you can work in anything you want to eat

people are always on the message boards for any questions, this is the besttt site..good luck!
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Welcome! I had to chuckle when I read your topic heading. I am 45, so have tried them all, too. They all work. It's a matter of keeping on keeping on. This is a great site. Lots and lots of support. Logging my food has always been the key for me. The weight creeps back on (or comes screaming back on over the course of a few days vacation :drinker: ) and then I start logging again. So glad you are here.:flowerforyou:

Bobbie
  • MelissaKay82
    Options
    Good Luck!!! :smile:
  • Newme4eva
    Options
    I hear you Kimberly, I have gone through almost the same thing with depression and gained 100 lbs. since I had my daughter almost 18 years ago. I have two children the younger boy is almost 10. I am soon to be 35 years old in March and I'm married to my kids Daddy for 19 years... I have tried many diets but this is the first time I'm actually trying to count calories... My last successful diet was about 8 years ago, I had lost 35 lbs. in a month and a half doing only healthy eating and excercising. I was seeing a nutritionist and she was shocked everytime she'd weighed me in, she would see big quantities of weight loss. I was doing everything as recommended the only thing is that normally I would not excercise and during that time I was doing Gilad on television and Yoga in the morning then I would go and play tennis later in the day and also do some walking probably 40 minutes daily...Now that I'm typing this I'm actually getting motivated and want to incorporate many of this excersices again...Hope this helps with motivation...GOOD LUCK!!!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I too have tried them all...but this one works. Logging calories + support + exercise = SUCCESS! You can do it all on MFP. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • nicgo5
    Options
    I've been there too. Don't think of this as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. I have banned the word diet from my vocabulary. It's about making better choices. I am using the food log, but I hope eventually that I will be able to make the right choices without it.

Good luck!