Need new friends

Options
Soooze
Soooze Posts: 122 Member
Hello!
I've been on MFP since 2010 and I've managed to lose about 15lbs and then gain some of it back (lose & gain vicious cycle).
I was just looking at my friends list and most of them haven't logged-in in a while! And I know for a fact that none of them 'quit MFP' because they have reached goal!

I need to find new friends. :bigsmile:
My news feed is pretty much from the same 2 or 3 people. I don't look forward to logging in MFP as I used to, not just to log my food but to see what my friends are up to.

I enjoy working out, I go to a MMA school 3x/week and lift heavy 2x/week. I put on muscle fairly easily and consider myself in pretty good shape. My issue is bad food decisions. I need friends that will check my food diary and provide me with feedback.

Today, I am ready to start focussing on my eating habits, again :grumble:
Lately, I've been treating myself to bad foods as a reward for going through lay-offs at work, a 3 year old that has major tantrums and quitting smoking (yesterday).

I would like to find new MFP friends with some of this stuff in common:
- mother or father of young kids
- are active ie: enjoy strenuous workouts such as P90X (+) or Kickboxing
- recently quit smoking
- need to make better food choices
- good sense of humour
- need a good kick in the *kitten* because of yo-yo weight!
- bonus points for Canadians

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• tinkteri
    Options
    Hi I am also a mom of 2 little girls and like you keep losing and gaining. I am back after a break and have not seen my friends logging in anymore :-(,,,,,,I will send a friend request out to you...Teri
  • mvasquez3282
    Options
    Heya, stay-at-home Dad of two, boy and girl, using MFP on a daily basis. Trying to be as strict as I can in regards to food intake vs. cal output, but sometimes the cookies win.

I run on a regular basis (kiddos in tow in the Battle-Wagon)
    Gym on a semi-regular basis.
    P90MS on a very regular basis as well.
  • Nufraser
    Nufraser Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi I will send a request. I workout regularly, kick boxing, beach body programs, I need to make better food choice. No kids but I am Canadian( living in Florida) does that count?..
  • Nufraser
    Nufraser Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Heya, stay-at-home Dad of two, boy and girl, using MFP on a daily basis. Trying to be as strict as I can in regards to food intake vs. cal output, but sometimes the cookies win.

I run on a regular basis (kiddos in tow in the Battle-Wagon)
    Gym on a semi-regular basis.
    P90MS on a very regular basis as well.

This is sooo me! The cookie, pie....and let's not forget The CHOCOLATE!
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    PM Sent
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Add me :) New to MFP, not new to counting calories though... I've been on another site for 3 years. This one is way more interactive, which I like (or dislike on my high calorie days. lol)
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I am one here every day. I have some megs runs and lift on the off days.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm Canadian and a mom to a 5 year old. I run regularly and do Insanity/Asylum 1-2 x a week. Lately I've been having too many temptations from sweets but am committed to starting anew and doing my best! I'll send you a request:)
  • jeanniebouchard
    jeanniebouchard Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some friends on this. I have no friends that are on this and really dont have many friends that have to be on a diet or watch what they eat. I have 3 kids with the range of 18 to 1, so I would love to get some tips from other mothers or fathers. Feel free to send me a friend request
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) We have a great team of supports and people tend to comment and support each other...pretty frequently :)
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I've only been at this a few days (10) but already it's become part of my daily routine. I'm a stay-at-home dad, in between jobs right now although my 18-month-old son keeps me quite busy. Friend request sent...
  • ecicogna
    ecicogna Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    daily user/abuser no friends on here but would like someone to check my logs as well like you. add me if youd like
    workout in some form or fashion everyday even if its active rest. Still working on my calorie count, got it down but not consistent in proper choices.
  • Karisseth
    Options
    Hello,

I have been using MFP for a while, though I stopped logging in for the same reasons you mentioned. The friends that I had stopped logging in, and there was nothing to look forward to. I am actually a little a shame that I am going to send you a friend request since i don't meet any of your requirements. I think that maybe you won't benefit from me much but I think that you will encourage me some. =)
  • kjones3535
    Options
    Sending friend request now...I need some more friends too!
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for replying to my post!

Wow! I'm now excited to get to know you all! Today is a new beginning!

Feels good to make new friends so easily :wink: Now, let's keep each other in check!