2»

Replies

• fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow. Love the goal of being fitter.
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Wow, you're one of the lucky ones and it looks like you're doing the best you can with your second chance. Most people don't survive heart attacks.

My mom was overweight/smoker/depressed and died of a heart attack three years ago a month from age 45. I get really paranoid about chest pains and blood pressure now and have gone down from 315 to 225 myself.

It's scary, the heart. Sometimes I can't sleep because I feel it beating and pumping blood in and out. Ugh.
  • broderickkimberleu
    Options
    I had a heart attack in April when I was 57. I got a stent and was sent to cardiac rehab. Having the heart attack changed my life. I am vegetarian now, exercise 6 days a week and I've lost 30 pounds. My A1C results indicate that I don't have diabetes anymore (was diagnosed in February), but I'm still taking the meds. I have another 50 pounds to go but that's OK. I feel great, have energy, and joined a rowing club. Healthier now than I have been in over 20 years!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!