Horrible Weekend

Options
Okay I have been doing so good I was weighing around 235 to 237 in the mornings and after this weekend tonight i weighed and it said 243:sad: I'm so mad at myself right know. Anyone else blow it this weekend.

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't look at a night weigh in. I would weigh yourself in the morning and see what it is. You tend to be heavier at night as you have been eating and drinking all day. It probably isn't that high. Let your body adjust and get back to eating, drinking your water and exercising tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up just remember this weekend and how you felt after it had ended.

Hugs! You can do this!!!
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Any chance you had high sodium meals that would cause water weight gain?
    Don't give up!
    : )
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    don't give up. don't think about your weekend as "blowing it". just focus on the fun and enjoyment you got out of it. after that, forget about it. there's nothing you can do now. after that, focus in on what you want to accomplish this week. this will get you to get right back on track. i find that once monday hits, its always easier for me to eat healthier anyways. you can certainly recover! you just have to put in the effort.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I think we all probably blew it a little bit this weekend. Why don't you just give your body a day of proper eating before you weigh yourself. That way you can get rid of all that pesky sodium and bloat.
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    I ate pizza and chinese this weekend but still worked out for an hour each day. Just dont worry about it and start your week out right! =)
  • bby_baer
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I totally blew it ALL wknd, Fri, Sat and Today. I have been sick and not much for exercising and not much of an appetite for the usual healthier choices. So, I ate anything and everything I wanted to, including eating out 3 times and had the attitude that I didn't care. I am finally feeling better tonight, so I did force myself to workout for over an hr, but I'm thinking I will be avoiding the scale for a few days until I have been back on track for a few days again.

Don't beat yourself up about it and start fresh tomorrow. That's my plan!
    If you can, workout a bit longer the next few days and don't eat those exercise calories...that is also part of my plan.

Good luck...You can do it!!
  • candacepainter
    Options
    Any chance you had high sodium meals that would cause water weight gain?
    Don't give up!
    : )

I had hamburger meat and two drinks with alcohol.
  • candacepainter
    Options
    Thanks guys:wink:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I doubt you gained 6 to 8 lbs of fat over the weekend. One problem is that you are weighing yourself at night after all the damage is done. If I were you - I wouldn't even weigh myself tomorrow morning. I would just wait about 2 days - get back on track with your food consumption, behave, walk a little and maybe Tuesday or Wednesday first thing in the a.m. weigh yourself. You will not be 243 lbs.
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I gained 8 lbs in a week and then lost 5 lbs over night a couple nights ago. It happens, don't fret over it too much!
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's probably just bloat from sodium and that time of the month.. :wink: Keep your chin up.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    nearly impossible to gain 5 or 6 pounds overnight - unless your dinner consisted of about 100 whoppers or something outrageous. drink your water and get back to business as usual - try to weigh yourself at the same time - i would never weigh myself in the evening! best of luck to you!
  • jlmiccolo
    jlmiccolo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :wink: Weekends are always the worst for me too--dinners out and making poor choices, even though many restaurants offer choices that are within my diet plan. Just hang in there--I start over every day with a fresh outlook to do better today! Stick with it, you CAN do it.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Okay I have been doing so good I was weighing around 235 to 237 in the mornings and after this weekend tonight i weighed and it said 243:sad: I'm so mad at myself right know. Anyone else blow it this weekend.

A meal can be 1-2 lbs, a lunch the same - 2 Glasses of water another lb - So in a day you could consume/drink easily 5-7 lbs of food and water.
    You've weighed yourself before in the mornings, keep up with that routine - In the evening it is always going to be more.
  • Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Candace,
    I also had one of those weekends, and am having one of those days where I am beating myself up badly! I even worked out for two hours Saturday and Sunday, burned 2000 calories but my food choices were so awful I am sure I gained weight. Of course I didn't have the guts to get on the scale this morning, I don't weigh again until Thursday luckily!
    Here's my biggest hurdle to get over today:
    I burned over 4,000 calories last week through exercise, if I hadn't gone completely and totally off the deep end eating pizza and chocolate drizzled popcorn etc. etc. this weekend I probably would have seen a two pound lost this weekend. What a bummer! And I did it to myself, I just spun out of control and couldn't seem to get the control back.
    Now, it's Monday and I am taking charge! I am going to have a good week!
    I think you just need to be positive and start fresh. I am with you!
    Erica