What is it about your SO that made you fall for him/her?

Options
hbrittingham
hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
When I met my husband, he was a 30 year old New York transplant to NC. He had a skull tattoo on his arm, talked big and sounded scary because of his accent and deep voice. I avoided going out with him for 6 months because he was far from my type. I was a good girl who lived in the country, 23 years old and divorced with a toddler. Eventually he convinced me to come over to his apartment to watch the Superbowl. After that, we were dating and quickly living together.

It turns out that he is the kindest, most loving, sweetest and gentlest man ever. He loves animals, babies adore him and he's fabulous with the elderly. He is a giant teddy bear. Luckily for me after 22 years, he's still my giant teddy bear.

So what is it that made you fall for your SO?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    He brews his own beer.

I like beer.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    He has this "i don't care" attitude. Not about me, but just in general. I'm the opposite, and I care and worry about every little thing, so its like he balances me out and makes me realize whats not so important and what I shouldn't get worked up over.
    I think I do the same for him.
    Plus hes really cute :)
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    He stuck around when I was being difficult. He didn't run away. He saw me through some challenges, supported me, let me cry, and waited for me patiently to resurface. He is my rock.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    That's another thing about my husband, he's a total extrovert and I am an introvert. He's never met a stranger and I am completely shy. It complements us well when we are out together.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    He was super hot and I am shallow. He is a good dancer too.
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    She's very caring, sweet, feist, brilliant and gorgeous...but her eyes and hair got me LOL! The rest just keeps getting better.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    hes tall, dark, handsome, and the sweetest man alive.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love my husbands hands. He has strong manly hands, they're not soft and girly. He also told me his whole life story when we first met, mainly the bad, because he wanted me to know all I could about him and if I wanted to leave him and not want to continue to be friends, then I could move on. He's also one of the most open, truthful guys I know.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    He's genuinely a "good guy". The kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I had dated a lot (and married one) selfish a$$sholes and was pleasantly surprised to find that all men are NOT the same. Besides that, he's hot and he just "gets me". :love:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    When I first saw my fiance, I was instantly attracted to him. He was kind, very sexy, sweet and caring, and I loved his tattoos! I was a little nervous to approach him at my friends BBQ because he has this tough, confident exterior. But our mutual friends finally introduced us about an hour into the bbq and we didn't leave each other's side. He was hilarious! And he even cracked up at my horrible, corny jokes. We spent the whole evening talking and getting to know each other. We became close friends instantly. A whole year went by, and we were the best of friends, except I was in love with him. One night we were out for dinner and I finally told him, and thankfully, he loved me too :)

We are complete opposites. I am considered (by friends) a goody-to-shoes, and he is the tough, no bullsh*t kind of guy. Plus he is a baseball player and coach, when I don't really take part or watch any sports. He still laughs at my corny jokes and he leaves me notes every morning, which remind me every day of how lucky I am. It's been the happiest, most amazing 7 years of my life!
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    He brews his own beer.

I like beer.

GREAT REASON!

We met in the winter, and his truck's heat was out. He would drive 45 mintues to see me in the dead of winter without heat in his truck. He didn't want to make me come to him, so he came to me. I always thought that was so sweet :-) Plus he was a genuine guy, and went to see his grandma every day. Not many 26 year olds guys do that!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    She got me to buy her a drink on MY birthday. I've never done that...for anyone.

Also she helped me through a very challenging time in my life and pushes me to be the best possible person I can be.

But mostly the buying her a drink thing.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I remember telling him way back in the beginning that I was so crazy about him because he was like all the good things about my ex-boyfriends rolled in to one. He's a total smart *kitten* which makes me roll my eyes and laugh like crazy at the same time. He likes to act like this big tough guy but I know he's a real softy and all that's just an act. He's the most honest, giving and sweet guy that I know. Coming up on 15 years, I totally get why people say their partner is their best friend - there's no one I'd rather spend my time with. And I'm still as crazy about him now, if not more so, then I was back then.