Help with boxing/fighting exercises?

Options
I love skilled fighting sports but I don't go to any classes. Does anyone know of anything I can do at home to learn? Also I imagine it would be a great exercise!
Any help/info is greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    A set of Tae Bo dvd's is not a bad start form sweating in the living room. Just make sure there are no desk or floor lamps near you.
    But don't fool yourself into believing that a cardio kickboxing class makes you capable of actual fighting.
    It is much more fun to actually train in martial arts if you wish to learn self defense and get a good workout.
    When I tested for second degree black belt my heavy weight uniform was soaked, every inch. But I felt great afterward.
    I was the class punching bag in school. So making that achievement was quite rewarding even at age 46 when I made second dan.

There are more way to work muscles in martial arts than just what you see in a cardio kick boxing class. Many of the drills and form develop endurance and breathing technique, not just a pure cardio workout. Try doing stepping lunges but keeping your held level. That will burn your quads. :bigsmile:
  • LlostInSpace
    Options
    Wow, I just did a Tae Bo lesson from YouTube!
    I like the whole idea of the skill it takes, I really want to learn but I want to do it at home to start as I don't feel comfortable going into a proper class yet!
    Well done, thats great! I'd love to be a black belt!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I think some Freddie Roach dvd's might be cool if you are into the real stuff.