Flourless Protein Pumpkin Muffins

Options

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Mine came out pretty good. Yes, they are a little spongey. If you want a more traditional texture, then add flour or oats. But I don't mind it and they "look" very pretty. Mine came out to 102 cals/muffin using olive oil (1tsp), a whole egg, and pumpkin pie mix (vs. pure pumpkin).

Right, adding flour or oats would help the texture but then they wouldn't be "flourless". =)~
    The pumpkin pie mix does add sugar and calories as opposed to the pure pumpkin.

You could also use almond meal or coconut flour; this would add calories and healthy fats. But, it would probably improve the texture.
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YUmmy want to bake these now!!!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Made these last night...very good. I'm lower carb so the texture didn't seem bad to me. I also added some 85% dark chocolate to them (added less than 1 carb per muffin). Yummy!!
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Going to try this this weekend! Sounds great!
  • pinkpanthers1995
    pinkpanthers1995 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Got to try this! Thanks for sharing!
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Bump! They look delicious!!
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    These sound fantastic! Can't wait to try them
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Made these last night...very good. I'm lower carb so the texture didn't seem bad to me. I also added some 85% dark chocolate to them (added less than 1 carb per muffin). Yummy!!

Chocolate makes everything better, doesn't it? :tongue:
  • kimsoto
    Options
    I want to try this. It sounds good.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • jlsoules
    jlsoules Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Will be trying these this pumpkin season! Thank you!!
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    bump
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    bump
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    b
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    bumpity bump bump :)
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ^^ What he said!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i've JUST made these (they are just out of the oven and cooling) so we'll see what they're like.

I used choccolate protein & fibre whey powder (pumpkin and chocolate is a good combo i think) and i just used olive oil instead of coconut oil (don't have coconut oil).

The texture out of the oven seemed quite soft and runny so i'm hoping they firm up a bit as it sits. i might add some oats next time for more solidity (is that a word? lol) but they look good! :) thanks for posting the recipe!
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yum! They are gluten free so I can eat these! yay!

I've been craving sweets and baked goods like crazy with all of the cold, rainy, winter-y weather we have been having. This will do the trick nicely and not put me way over in calories. Thanks for posting this :)