Are there foods that you just don't log when you're tracking

Options
13»

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    beer, liquor, fried foods, junk foods, unhealthy foods :)

I dont track on cheat days
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to not log cough drops, till I logged one on a whim one day and saw that it had 20 calories and a few grams of sugar. :noway: I would pop those things like candy when I was sick! Funny how something so little can add up so quickly.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    BTW re: quitting smoking- when I decided I HAD to quit (my oldest son agreed to quit if I quit) I chewed the gum, used the patches AND the lozenges when I needed it. Don't worry because as long as you don't "light up", eventually, the nicotine craving gets less and less and 6 pieces of gum becomes 5, then 4, then 3 etc. Been quit 6 years now this March.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Log everything! Especially pickles - even if they don't have many calories they are loaded with sodium and can put you way over your sodium allotment for the day. Plus, all those little calories throughout the day do add up...

That's exactly what I was going to say- I pay just as much attention to sodium as I do to calories.
  • marjaskow
    Options
    I'm logging everything just because I have a hard time eating the number of calories they want me to eat in a day. So 10 or 15 for catsup helps me get closer. When I was on Weight Wathcers veggies were free, but they too have calories so they aren't free anymore, just better choices.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    beer, liquor, fried foods, junk foods, unhealthy foods :)

I dont track on cheat days

:laugh:
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I log everything except:
    pepper (how do you even measure that?)
    salt (ok, so sodium is a big deal, but I use so little these days - just 1-2 grinds of sea salt mixed with herbs every few days, maybe once or twice a week)
    coffee - I drink black coffee, no sugar. I use a plunger and when I've finished I add water to the same ground coffee, so it progressively dilutes. I know this is dehydrating and probably ages me, and I think I'll switch to green tea soon (how about this afternoon?) but it helps me study, and I drink a lot of water to try to balance it).
    Green tea - sometimes I just log it as water.

Occasionally I have 1-2 cashew nuts (I've done this twice so far this month) and don't bother, but I try to balance it by having 1-2 less next time I actually have enough to bother counting it.

At restaurants I have to give very wild estimates sometimes.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I log everything just to be safe. A lot of stuff may not have many calories, but may be high in sodium (like hot sauce).

I guess I do have exceptions- I generally don't log green tea, pepper or other spices. There may be a few other things. :)
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I dont log my coffee- drink it black
    I dont log my iced tea- I drink the unsweetened variety
    I dont log my gum- I chew sugar free