Starting C25K this week

Options
I'll be starting the C25K this week with my boyfriend. He did the first week already, but I was moving house so really busy last week. Just wondering if anyone has any advice, tips or just words of encouragement whether they've done it before or not?

Replies

• lexif14
    lexif14 Posts: 23
    Options
    I started it today as well I am so horribly unfit I barely made it though the first day lol I think I will be doing it 4 to 5 times a week not 3 but it looks good and it seems to work from what I saw of my workmate who is half way she is doing really well.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I started a while a go but got sick and couldn't run so I stopped for a while after week 3, I've never exercised before and I was shocked that I could actually do it, you just have to dig deep!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've done it and it's a really good program. It got me from running almost no distance, to running 3-4 miles easily.

My suggestions are as follows:
    Do the program outside if you can. A treadmill is great and all, but it's boring.. and it's kind of hard to switch between running/walking like you need to do.

Get proper shoes if you don't have them already.

Learn proper running form.

Go slow.. like really slow. Part of the problem I see with new runners on this board, is that they go too fast, too soon.
  • jenadams1993
    Options
    I've done it and it's a really good program. It got me from running almost no distance, to running 3-4 miles easily.

My suggestions are as follows:
    Do the program outside if you can. A treadmill is great and all, but it's boring.. and it's kind of hard to switch between running/walking like you need to do.

Get proper shoes if you don't have them already.

Learn proper running form.

Go slow.. like really slow. Part of the problem I see with new runners on this board, is that they go too fast, too soon.

Thank you for this advice! I did workout 1 week 1 today and wasn't out of breath. I took it fairly slow and I have good running shoes. I know it gets harder, but I think I might be able to keep up. I'm not terribly unfit, but I'm no champion runner either. I'll just have to see how it goes!