SOOOO Tired

Options
I am sooo tired lately. Maybe it's the weather change. Maybe it's just my mood. Maybe it's life's stresses. IDK, but I can't even keep my eyes open and people are telling me I look tired. I sleep around 6-7 hours a night. I need a food boost. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Not to be too personal but do you snore?? I did big time!! I also spent a long time dealing with fatigue, would get up on the weekends, only to wonder when it would time to take a nap. Extra Caffeine only made me jumpy, not less tired. I thought I was sleeping at night until I did the Sleep Apnea Test. BIG eye opener. No the machine is not pretty, Not fun to wear the mask, but it has made a MAJOR difference in my energy level, concentration, and I rarely nap anymore!!

I"m hoping that once I get to goal weight I can go without, but til then, for myself and other sleep apnea sufferers that I know, It's well worth the inconvenience!

Just a thought/suggestion.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Not to be too personal but do you snore?? I did big time!! I also spent a long time dealing with fatigue, would get up on the weekends, only to wonder when it would time to take a nap. Extra Caffeine only made me jumpy, not less tired. I thought I was sleeping at night until I did the Sleep Apnea Test. BIG eye opener. No the machine is not pretty, Not fun to wear the mask, but it has made a MAJOR difference in my energy level, concentration, and I rarely nap anymore!!

I"m hoping that once I get to goal weight I can go without, but til then, for myself and other sleep apnea sufferers that I know, It's well worth the inconvenience!

Just a thought/suggestion.

No I don't snore. I'm a very quiet and still sleeper and usually wake up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off. Could it be my body's response to cutting out the sugar and eating better? I only drink one cup of coffee a day and do not drink anything other than water for the rest of the day.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    It should pass....I experience the same thing whenever I cut out the sugar. It was tough for a few weeks.
  • Mgetsfit
    Mgetsfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Maybe there are some vitamins missing?
    What about exercise/sports, do you move a lot?
    Maybe you worked a lot lately or do you have some stress?
    Personal problems?

The list could be continued with lots of other things...

Maybe it is really just the change for your body, do you have this problem since a long time?
    Hope it's getting better soon!

(When I drink some warm milk with honey before I go to sleep I sleep like a baby (not the crying kind ;D ) the whole night ^^)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Do you eat as much as MFP recommends with the extra calories for any exercise?
    If you're in the northern hemisphere, many people feel a bit tired this time of year (fall) as the weather cools and the days get longer.
    As you say, it could be normal stresses or something like fighting off a cold.
    Among the vitamins to check -- pay special attention to the B vitamins -- part of their role is to help your body unlock the energy from your food.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I know for myself when I am trying to drop weight I tend to stay away from the red meats and eat chicken or fish. Is it possible you are missing out on things like sufficient amounts of iron or B vitamins.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    overdose on vitamin c
  • Diva6511
    Diva6511 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take a womans multi vitamin every morning, do you take any vitamins?
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i take vit B complex it made a big diff to my energy lvls
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    i take vit B complex it made a big diff to my energy lvls

Super-B complex is even better. It covers every single B series and is a great energy booster. Helps convert foods into energy faster.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Good suggestions. Think I'm going to up my vitamins. I have vitamin packs that provide higher vitamins than my regular multi vitamin. Maybe I'm not eating enough too. I am under just about every day (except my weekends) and I do not add extra for my workouts. Thanks for the tips.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I found I was less sleepy when I started eating in better combinions of protein and good carbs. I was not eating enough portein.
    I am not sure if this may help ofr not.
    Also try to get 8 hrs of sleep most nights.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much you work out, but I find the more I run the more energy I have. Also, have your thyroid checked.
  • sonny368
    Options
    Yes take a nap after lunch if you can maybe the hours of sleep are not sufficient...and check your diet you might have some deficiency that might be helped taking supplements, then if you exercise you sure need to sleep more, we're not all the same..take even a blood check up and talk to your doctor.