Monday Night Football

Options
Going out tonight for Monday Night Football. Any suggestions on what to drink and eat?

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Food and beer :drinker: :laugh:
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i know but looking for lo cal ideas:smile:
  • hydrochickie
    Options
    Rum & Diet Coke... pretty low in calories, but all clear boozes with no calorie soda are pretty low (75 calories per drink or so, with one shot). As for the muchies, if you are drawn to things like chicken wings and fried foods, try to avoid the dips. The calories in a little bit of Ranch dressing can be very deceiving!

Hope it helps.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Slightly less food and beer.

ETA: But seriously, it's doubtful you're going to find a healthy low-cal food that you love in the typical bar scene...(otherwise, you'd already know about it and it would be your favorite)...so the obvious answer is just to eat and drink less than you normally would.

Actually, the really *obvious* answer is not to eat or drink *any* of the food and drink available at the bar, but if that was a viable option, you wouldn't be asking for ideas.
  • mary659497
    Options
    thanks!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My weakness is pizza & beer for MNF. I haven't had that combination in a long time 'cause I tend to stay in for MNF...but I sure do miss it! For drinks I stick with vodka & tonic plus lime.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is you either suck it up and enjoy your night, or spend the evening worrying about calories.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    If youre going to watch MNF, then do it the right way and eat foods and drink beer!!

personally, i can never ever eat or drink if my team is playing...thank you 49ers for saving me going over on my calories each sunday.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I bake chicken strips with ranch dip, veggies, some stuffed mushrooms, cheeses. Go Bears
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options

Low cal food and low cal drinks --- yeah yeah i am a Smart A**
  • ajro0610
    ajro0610 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have a MNF party at your house next time....Make healthy snacks and have your friends byousd (bring your own unhealthy snacks/drinks :-)

Just an idea!!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    vodka club soda

celery sticks - no wings. lol....

screw it. have a cheat day!
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    vodka soda with a twist...I like the citrus vodka.....and shrimp cocktail (low calorie big time! )
  • scgbball
    scgbball Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If it's not something you'd like to splurge on, try to get some kind of grilled chicken. At Buffalo Wild Wings they have an entree called "naked tenders" and it's just grilled chicken pieces. You can dip it into your favorite hot sauce and it's like you're eating wings without all the fried stuff. It was a nice way for me to not feel like I'm on a diet and I feel much better the next day.

But, it goes without saying, if you have the calories to splurge - Have a beer for me!
  • Invictus195
    Options
    grilled chicken tenderloins with the hot sauce! (some places with definitely do this for you). The hot makes your body burn calories to release the endorphins to cure the heat (if you like hot). Either that or a buffalo chicken salad!
  • KimFriesen64
    Options
    Since Monday Night Football is once a week...you are not going to want to make it a habit of eating and drinking at the game. Have some water with lime and stay away from the junk...IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!
  • mary659497
    Options
    Well I decided to enjoy the night and had pizza and beer. Go Bears!!