Okay, Okay... the Time is Now

Options
:tongue: Hello. I wish I were one of those people who did not have to pay attention to what I eat or drink. I've been wishing that now for quite some time. That wish is never going to come true. Not for me anyway. Time to buck up! Ignoring this fact has now cost me my agility, energy and aliveness. Not to mention my beauty, sexiness and stamina. I know, i know.... Big can be beautiful and it is for some people and sometimes I can even see my own beauty and sexiness with all the weight I've gained. HOWEVER, I can't move with grace and ease. I can't dance. I can't walk very long. That really hinders me with almost all my interests. Really sucks.

Therefore, it's time. I'm starting an email here, because I do better when I'm participating with others. I'm 57, 5'3" and found out yesterday i weigh 228 lbs. Eeegaads, i thought 204 was bad.... Now i'm at 228 in less than a year. This must stop now.

Cutting out alcohol, sugar, and starches and brining in clean foods. Keeping track will make a difference. Will also engage in some exercise (at least walking each day) to begin with. I said a few years ago, that I'm going to look better at 60 that I did at 30 so I better get busy.

You all inspire me just by being here. Anything else you can add would be appreciated.

Valeta

Replies

• renehallen
    renehallen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to your post! I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about weight gain, but those days are long gone and gone forever. I have put on 40 pounds in the last 5 years and I, like you, realize it is time to stop! I joined this site a week ago, and the support is incredible! Tracking food and exercise definitely helps the accountability. Before I was just eating and not even thinking about what or how much.

Feel free to add me for a friend and we can support each other!
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I've only been on here since last week, but was on another site for 3 years. This place is pretty friendly, and if you add friends, the really ripped ones will be on your butt about overeating!! lol
  • valeta57
    Options
    Great, thank you!
  • jshaen
    jshaen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! It is awesome that you are gonna make the change. I have been struggling for along time myself and I found out about this site and decided to check it out. I will admit starting out I have royally sucked and I've only been on here a couple of weeks but today marked the day that I am gonna do this. Everyone on MFP has been awesome and the support is amazing. I hope you find the help and motivation you need. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your post...definately! Feel free to add me for support. You can do it! :)
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's amazing the difference you'll find when you actually keep track of these things! I'm only 8 pounds down but just being conscious of my choices everyday is... just great!

Best of luck!!!
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see you getting your motivation back! Remember, sometimes we are our worst enemy. Goodluck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate with you. I got up to 262 lbs and was totally disgusted with my life. I didn't have the energy to do the things I loved. I struggled for over 3 years trying to lose weight with some success before someone told me about this sight. It has helped me tremendously. I have steadily been losing since I joined. I would love to have you as a friend
  • hudsonsailor
    Options
    Good for you for starting. I just went to the doctor with a pain on the side of my face and learned I have diabetes. Over the past month I got my blood sugar in good control, started walking and drastically changed my diet. You are the road to health before problems get worse. I am 58 and will be healthier when I am 60 than I am today. Keep strong on your journey.
  • Jo2u
    Jo2u Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a newbie here too. I'm doing Weight Watchers and using this site as an additional motivational tool. I'm about to turn 54...with a new granddaughter...and decided it's WAY past time to get healthy again. I started in May at the weight of 319 and am now down to 256. Lots more to go...but I'm happy with my progress so far.

There's power in numbers...so feel free to add me as well if you like.

Good luck!
  • CentralCal559
    Options
    I joined just last month and the weight has be slo-o-owly coming off. I mean like "glacier-pace", but being at MFP and learning there are other folks out there having the same issues/challenges as me, really helps a lot. Today, though, I was a real slacker and found a Ben & Jerrys 3.6 oz size I thought I couldn't live without. Jeez, I've been trying to get rid of the guilt all day! So, I just decided I'll do better tomorrow. Feel free to add me to your friend list.
  • cheenie05
    Options
    You go girl, lets bring sexy back together! We can do it, and I am sure ill see some great before and after pics of you one day soon!