When is it time?

Options
Hello,

I am down about 37lb (give or take) and some of my pants are starting to get big. Not fall off my big butt big, but big enough to wear pants underneath them big. Plus the legs are massive and baggy. Is that too big? I dont have a lot of "smaller" pants so this would hurt my wardrobe. But I don't plan on wearing them ever, ever again.

Any ideas, thoughts, or comments are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think just wear them until they are uncomfortable to you. I know that sounds weird, but clothes that are just TOO big can be just as uncomfortable as clothes that are too small. I can't stand either :laugh: Definitely treat yourself to a new pair that fit nicely though, if you can, even if they are second hand or from the clearance rack. 37 lbs is a lot of hard work and having those nice pants in a smaller size will just highlight all of the work that you've done.
  • hydrochickie
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing... my friend was teasing me the other day, saying my pants were swallowing me! My issue is that I don't want to spend a bunch of money on pants when I know I am going to continue to lose weight. I was thinking of heading to Target or Kohl's to see if I could get a pair or two of cheap pants to get me through this transition time... thought it may be fun to try on smaller sizes!

Good luck on your search!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I wait till the last possible minute to buy new clothes...
    I have a lot to loose though and can't finance a wardrobe at each size I drop.
    I've tied the side of my pants with hair ties to keep them up. LOL
    Now I buy a lot of pants with strings in the waistline ...they tend to last longer.
    I have no butt ...or legs so all pants look like I'm trapped in a tent. :/
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Buy just a couple pairs of cheap pants to get you through. Or buy some dresses - they're often more forgiving.
  • Gimpdogg
    Gimpdogg Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So far I have dropped three sizes from a 42 to a 36. I bought one pair of cargo shorts in the next size down as I went. Mostly as a pat on the back lol. But only one to save money untill I get to my goal than I'll splurge and get a total new wardrobe.
  • DesireeBoils
    Options
    I always like going to Goodwill or a consignment shop because I can get 4 or 5 pairs of pants for $20 bucks. Even if you only buy 2 or 3 pairs of pants that fit you, just wear each pants twice before you wash, that way you can have 'enough' clothes to last you from wash cycle to wash cycle. Congrats on dropping the weight! You deserve a few new pairs of pants!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, I had put all my too-small clothes into trashbags a year ago to donate, and then never did! I'm donating sweatpants and jeans each time I go down a size, and have been buying jeans a size down on Coldwater Creek's site when they have a big sale ($17 a pair!), that way I have them ready to wear. I went through the big piles of donate clothes again, and did still donate about half, and then kept the clothes I was fond and could finally wear again. I also have fewer problems about clothes, because I work from home. Been either donating my too-big clothes or, if they have tags, putting them on eBay.
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing... my friend was teasing me the other day, saying my pants were swallowing me! My issue is that I don't want to spend a bunch of money on pants when I know I am going to continue to lose weight. I was thinking of heading to Target or Kohl's to see if I could get a pair or two of cheap pants to get me through this transition time... thought it may be fun to try on smaller sizes!

Good luck on your search!

^^ This. I'm planning on hitting Walmart, Target, Kohls...anywhere inexpensive for inbetween pants/clothes that I know I won't wear too very long since I still have quite a bit to lose. :)