Chocolate chip Cookies & weight loss?

Options
Just an overview of my valentines day.

Baked chocolate chip cookies for my two sweethearts yesterday.
Without any arm twisting, I immeadiately fell back into my old bad eating habits.

Ate 4 chocolate chip cookies and 3 diet cokes ....FOR THE ENTIRE DAY !
Not a drop of water, except in the shower. That is only the 2nd day that I have not gotten 10 waters in.
No exercise and oddly no guilt.

Yup, that is how I used to eat 43 days ago. Live on DC and a meal once a day.
Notice I called the cookies a meal, well since that was the enire extent of my food for the day I guess it was.

The ironic thing is that when I logged it, yes, I put it in my diary I still had 744 calories un-used AND......
according to MFP I would weigh 150.3 lbs in 5 weeks if every day were like that :ohwell:

Dont I wish....dont beleive it, I gained 25-30 lbs eating like that over the last 5 years.

Back on track today, have chicken thawing for dinner and 6 waters down the gullet, moving forward.

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I am sure that a lot of people let it go on V-day. Welcome back on track. Stay consistent, and your will power and motivation will drive you to the finish line. It also looks like you weren't too harsh on yourself for it. It's nice to see people not mentally bash themselves, as this too is very hard on the body for weight loss. Chin up, chicken for dinner sounds like a fabulous idea!
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's the trick - don't let one bad day put you off your goal - I speak from 25+ years of yo-yo dieting experience - I used to justify going back to the old ways once I took off the 15-20 pounds I thought I needed to lose...and here I am, needing to lose over 100 pounds now...and at 42 it is not as easy as it once was...stick to it, get back in the saddle, and soldier on - how's that for a whole lotta cliches saying the same thing you already know?! Good luck!
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    Personally, I feel like without a few DC & cookie days here and there, I'd go insane. MFP has help me keep it in perspective though and realize what I'm doing to my body if I eat like that EVERYDAY. Glad you feel the same... and welcome back on track!
  • triggerasynapse
    Options
    I thought this post from the "LINKS in MFP you want to read again and again" section was very illuminating:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
    It always makes me reconsider those days I eat less than 1200 (for reasons such as having a cold and sleeping 15 hours and only eating one meal) and wanting to be proud of myself.
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I baked cookies too and ate a lot of them! I think its natural to kind of "let go" when its time to celebrate love, birthdays, christmas, etc. Just remember to NOT be hard on yourself and get back on track :smile:
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem eating the cookies, however I do see a big problem regarding no nutrients for the day? Your body needs, requires nutrients in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eating like this will result in being tired all the time. Who doesn't eat cookies once in a while??? But show me someone who is thin and ONLY eats cookies...it's not going to happen. LIke the other posts, brush yourself off, and start eating those fruits and veggies!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I myself cant eat cookies, if I eat a cookie it will lead to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.............. how ever I can eat a packaged treat and know thats it. Glad you dont feel bad about it and relize from past expererenc as I do myself what and what not works for you. I usually mess up like everyone else does, but the key is to get back into your routine. Glad you enjoyed your Valentines day with your kids.
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Valentines Day is about love, you just gave yourself a big fluffy hug. Now today you are back to the tough love your body needs to stay healthy! You have a great attitude, it's over, can't change it, move on!
    Hugs!:flowerforyou:
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Good attitude. I made and ate cheesecake yesterday. I actually only ended up eating one piece which is a whole lot better then I normally do.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This is why I love MFP !
    Thanks to everyone who replied.
    No criticial judgements, no telling me what I already know.
    No one giving me a lecture about "starvation mode" and all that crap.

And NO I dont feel bad, i have been doing great for 43 days and if I eat 4 cookies
    when I really wanted to eat 20 then I consider it a win for me.
    If I thought for one second that i could NEVER ever eat fatty ,crappy , bad for you (but oh so very tasty ) food
    ever again in my life I would stay pudgy and probably gain another 25 pounds.

I didnt get this way because I ate 4 cookies in a month.
    I got here because I ate 4 X 2 cookies a couple times a week for years.

Thanks guys, your great !