Judging

Options
Why are people so quick to judge what programs people are on im on medifast. And i know a lot of people who are on mf who had lots of success yes they are real people ... does anyone els get judged for what their on???
people should not be so quick to judge specially if you have not tried it :0

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    The criticism isn't generally that these things don't work (though many products do fit that description) but rather that they're undesirable for some other reason, like being unhealthy, unnecessary, or expensive. You don't have to do something first hand to evaluate it or determine the benefits/detriments.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Medifast isnt just any old program its proven by DOCTORS:)
    Every meal is nutritious .. it targets burning fat and not muscle..
    People who never would have though they could get thin have
    got in thin from this program, its a lifestyle and have you ever
    seen a program that has a maintenance stage Becase mf does.
    iv never seen that before.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    people judge other people's programs because everybody thinks that their program is the best.

why would i do medifast when obviously herbalife is superior?
    but herbalife's a pyramid scheme. everyone knows weight watchers is king!
    except weight watchers means for the rest of your life you have to count points. kick-starting with a juice fast is the way to go...

toxins... starvation mode... shocking your body... unhealthy... liver cleansing... speeding up metabolism...

bottom line.. people can judge your program all they like, but remember, they're just judging the program, not you and the way you're using it, so don't be upset by what they say.
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    Thank you miss susie :)))
  • MissSusieQ
    Options
    hey, i'm in on a pyramid scheme, i can't judge too much :)

bottom line, it's working.
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    Lol what are you on:)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Medifast isnt just any old program its proven by DOCTORS:)
    Every meal is nutritious .. it targets burning fat and not muscle..
    People who never would have though they could get thin have
    got in thin from this program, its a lifestyle and have you ever
    seen a program that has a maintenance stage Becase mf does.
    iv never seen that before.
    I've also seen doctors recommend energy healing and homeopathy, but that doesn't make them right. Sticking an MD at the end of someone's name doesn't make them infallible. And you've really never heard of a program with a maintenance phase? Off the top of my head, Weight Watchers, Atkins, and South Beach all incorporate official maintenance stages.

The fact that the program works for you does not mean that there is anything special about it. It is merely one way to create a caloric deficit. Eating the same calorie and nutrient amounts in other forms of food would have the same effect.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Yep. My 'diet'/meals are 1200 calories, and people are always like "why don't you eat more calories" or "you'll go into starvation mode". They don't ask how tall I am, what my bone structure is, or my activity level, or if I'm pre or post menopausal. 5'2, small, moderate, post....so 1200 calories is right for me. And if Medifast works for you, go for it and good luck to you.
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    Thank youuuu annna MC:))) yeppppp... people r to quick to judge everything
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    No they dont i have looked into them send me a link than ZUG
  • MissSusieQ
    Options
    well, i'm doing herbalife, but i'm really just using it as one part of your basic calorie counting diet. i don't actually think there's anything magical about the shakes (i think it's important to be realistic.. there's no silver bullet for fat), but they're nutritionally good and fit nicely with a low calorie meal plan.

as i said, people can judge your program, and i'm sure there's plenty of herbalife haters out there, but i'm pretty happy that i'm using it in a way that's helping me and working for me.
  • jojorocksforeva
    Options
    I do agreee with you their is no magic pill i dont even think mf is a magic pill i just know it will help me get to my weight loss goals..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Yep. My 'diet'/meals are 1200 calories, and people are always like "why don't you eat more calories" or "you'll go into starvation mode". They don't ask how tall I am, what my bone structure is, or my activity level, or if I'm pre or post menopausal. 5'2, small, moderate, post....so 1200 calories is right for me. And if Medifast works for you, go for it and good luck to you.

Well, your profile is closed, you don't volunteer this information, how else are they supposed to know these things if they don't ask?

There is nothing wrong with "Why don't you eat more than 1200." It doesn't work for many people, especially those with 15 lbs to lose who are complaining about not being able to lose. It's usually neccessary to eat more. I'm post menopause, not working, only do some walking for exercise, and I eat 1900 cals a day and lose. So. You may need to eat more.
  • MissSusieQ
    Options
    I do agreee with you their is no magic pill i dont even think mf is a magic pill i just know it will help me get to my weight loss goals..

and really, what more does a program need to do for you?
  • MissSusieQ
    Options

Well, your profile is closed, you don't volunteer this information, how else are they supposed to know these things if they don't ask?

There is nothing wrong with "Why don't you eat more than 1200." It doesn't work for many people, especially those with 15 lbs to lose who are complaining about not being able to lose. It's usually neccessary to eat more. I'm post menopause, not working, only do some walking for exercise, and I eat 1900 cals a day and lose. So. You may need to eat more.

except she just said that 1200 is working for her..
  • cmriverside
    Options
    sorry, jojorocks. . . .good luck with Medifast.

If you talk about stuff, you're gonna get opinions. Some will agree, others won't.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Just because a doctor is recommending something doesn't by any means make it a good idea. There are plenty of docs who will peddle all sorts of garbage to make a buck. Just look at all of the HCG clinics, family practices selling Botox, and pill mills that pumps out prescription after prescription to addicts.

It's all about the money.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I did a modified version of Optifast, I never felt judged. The only people I have seen judged on mfp are the people that get Gastric Bypass and it's usually by people that never researched the surgery. Optifast helped me realize when I was actually full. I lost the first 130 or so lbs doing Optifast, the next 60 came from watching my food intake, kept it off going on almost a year. If people want to judge you, pay no attention to them and do what's right for you.
  • cmriverside
    Options

except she just said that 1200 is working for her..

No. Earlier today she posted this thread complaining about hitting a plateau:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/756716-have-you-reached-a-plateau

So, it's not working for her, and she still doesn't want to change it. I don't really care what she does.
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree part of the problem, not only choosing a program, but also realizing what works for your body, daily schedule, and any bad habits that need to be broken. Take a little knowledge from each one until you find a combination that works for YOU.