Health Reasons didn't stop me!

Options
Hello my name is Tim (bluecatguide) on MFP. I started my weightloss journey the last of May starting at a whopping 306.0lbs and to this date I now weigh 243.0lbs I have lost 63lbs total with absolutly NO EXERCISE.I really wish I could be active and I will soon hopefully but heres my story.

Janurary 2012 I had let my health really get out of my hands with bad infections in my feet due to a disease called Charcot Marie Tooth or (CMT) witch causes pressure points in feet and also neuropathy and muscle loss.As a result I develped some severe infections and had to have partial amputations on both of my feet.The surgery went well and I was sent home a week after to recover.While in recovery I also had to have my gallbladder removed as well.As to this date I am still in recovery,still unable to walk and facing another surgery following Thanksgiving but for the most part Im Alive,Im Healthy and Im Thankful...I have not been able to exercise like most but have still managed to lose all my weight with the help of MY FITNESS PAL. Whoever created this program you are truly amazing and I owe you a lot of thanks for this great tool.Also I would like to give a big thank yous to my wonderful wife who has stood by my side and been such a rock for me!!!BTW she has lost 38lbs to date by using My Fitness Pal as well.

Feel free to add me I love all the support and inspration this site has to offer and will continue losing till I reach my goal of 215.0lbs!

Replies

• Joy150
    Joy150 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow!!! That's amazing, thank you that was just the inspiration I needed!!!! Good Luck to you on the rest of your journey :)
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well done, it must be so hard when you can't exercise, keep it up! Well done to your wife too. My Hubbie's lost weight since I started eating more healthy too !
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You just proved to me that even though I have an injured back, persistence and determination will pay off. Thanks for your story!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You sir, are a rock star! You are a survivor by choice! Our mind set makes all the difference. Congrats to you for choosing to have the best life, the life that you deserve! Also congrats to the Mrs!
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congratulations, you are so inspiring :)

And good luck with the next surgery!
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Your story is an inspiration to others. So happy you are fighting this. Congrats to your wife and yourself on the loss
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You sir, are a rock star! You are a survivor by choice! Our mind set makes all the difference. Congrats to you for choosing to have the best life, the life that you deserve! Also congrats to the Mrs!

^^this^^ :flowerforyou:

Thank you for your post. I needed some motivation this morning :smile:
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Way to go on such good weight loss!
    Did your doctors say if your weight was contributing to your health problems? I hope you will be able to walk and be active again once you recover so you can enjoy the trimmer, healthier body you are working on.

Not sure if you can, but are you able to do any sort of upper body exercises? Resistance bands, kettle bell, dumbbells? I’ve seen the little ‘under the desk’ cycles that people but on a table and cycle with their hands to do cardio. If you can setup a speedbag lower, you could sit and work the speed bag for cardio as well. Not sure if you are able to do these activities, but it seems like you already have some great drive and determination, perhaps getting a little creative with activities will allow you to also start getting some activity in despite not being able to walk.

Best of luck & I wish you a speedy, full recovery!
  • bluecatguide
    bluecatguide Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging words and support...I have been doing upper body dumbbells and all I can do.....the Doctors told me that the less I way the better off I will be with my condtion as well...I am so happy to encourage people and all I ask is the same.God Bless each of you
  • MindaD
    MindaD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my AMAZING husband!!! He is my inspiration EVERYDAY!! Hes has faced many challenges this year and has never been discouraged or afraid to conquer them... and does every bit of it with a smile on his face :) Im am so blessed to have him in my life and so proud of us to make this lifestyle change together! We will grow old together and we will do it as healthy and active as possible!! Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers :)
  • bubba5421
    Options
    Your my boy blue! You are the man and you and Minda have a beautiful relationship you guys are meant to be. Keep up the good work and you have inspired me to get back on the wagon! Later f.f
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and so inspiring. I sometimes complain about my little problems but you have made me feel ashamed. Thank you for reminding me that you can do anything when you try. All the best to you and your wife and good luck on your upcoming surgery.
    Blessings,
    Lin
  • bluecatguide
    Options
    Thanks again for everyones support it means alot to me.
  • bluecatguide
    Options
    Guess what friends.....I weigh 187lbs now :D I feel so wonderful I just want to thank everyone so much for the inspration
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Guess what friends.....I weigh 187lbs now :D I feel so wonderful I just want to thank everyone so much for the inspration

And thanks for posting. YOU are the inspiration
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm so glad you're making so much progress. All the best on your surgeries! I hope you get the best possible outcome.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me and humbled me.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well done, you are amazing! Hope your health is better now you've lost the weight.
  • Ladywindchaser
    Ladywindchaser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A standing ovation for you! If you can't walk or run then you will swim or ride a bike. With your determination I have no doubt that whatever you choose you will be great at it. I swim everyday with a gentleman who has one leg and he ALWAYS makes me want to push myself in the water even harder. Once again a big KUDDOS to you!
  • bluecatguide
    Options
    Hello friends a quick update on me :0 I am down to 182ish and just trying to maintain my weight as of now. I am staying active in the warm months and when fall arrives I will hit the gym wide open to life. I feel absolutely wonderful.

Thank you God

Blessing to all! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!