Need some advice

Options
citygirl04
citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
I have a friend and I've been sensing he has a little crush. We we're texting earlier tonight and he just kinda slips in I love you. I don't want to hurt his feelings but I also don't want to lead him on. I'm not interested in anything other than being friends. What should I do, or should I just not do anything??

Replies

• ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Tell him exactly what you just told us.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yep. Be clear.
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well, you could tell him that you'd only ever be friends, then call his outburst a freudian slip, so he has a way out without being embarassed (sp?).
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    tell him the true before its too late!!
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Tell him exactly what you just told us.
  • Kguide
    Kguide Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take a I love you text to seriously, at least I wouldn't. .
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Generally I wouldn't take it seriously but he texts me first thing in the morning, when he's out and before he goes to bed. I'm leery about bringing it up because I used to have a best (guy) friend a few years ago. We did everything together. Kinda like kids from different mothers, my point is the same thing happened and I confronted him and told him how I felt. Didn't work out so well. He hated it when I dated, was always mad at me and we ended up not being friends after that. I lost my best friend. I think I'll just let it slide. :(