Anyone doing Keto?

Options
I'm trying as hard as possible to stick to keto. Anyone else on here doing keto as well? How have your results been? How have you stayed motivated? I'm down 22lbs since beginning of July. Would like to lose another 35.

Replies

• Lawsuitup
    Options
    I have been doing Keto. I started on July 31, and I am down 34 lbs.

Honestly, for the first time in my life I havent really required any special motivation. I eat the foods I like. I dont eat carby things. I guess my motivation is that if I were doing any other diet I would have to cut out nearly every thing that I like to eat, rather than completely cut out only a few of them. Desserts are replaceable. I make myself various ricotta based deserts, certain Atkins bars (the ones without Maltitol) and those chocolate almonds.

Also, I use a lot of liquid sucralose and reduced sugar hienz ketchup.

Im sure you can do it!!!!!! YAY!
  • ketodeb
    ketodeb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with Keto... will hit the three week mark tomorrow. My husband is doing it as well, which makes things way easier than they could have been, I'm sure. I haven't been doing any cheating, and though I'm not losing crazy amounts of weight, I'm down 8 pounds. This is after a bunch of previous weight lost (high weight 309, current weight 218), and being stuck at a 225-230 plateau for well over a year. I'm super stoked! And what keeps me motivated is that I feel like a million dollars. I have plenty of energy, I think I may have had a gluten sensitivity because cutting out gluten has cleared up my skin amongst other noticeable things... its easy to stay motivated with something that works!
  • duffy1964
    duffy1964 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What is Keto? I just got engaged and would love to be able to drop 30lbs in 4 months...is this possible?
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    What is Keto? I just got engaged and would love to be able to drop 30lbs in 4 months...is this possible?

Essentially? Atkins.

But I lost a crapton of weight on it several years ago, and had other health benefits as well.

I'm gonna start it up again as of... yesterday. Well, at least I'm ramping up (down) to it. There is no way I'm letting the TJ's honey greek yogurt in the fridge go to waste.