I'm afraid if i start eating healthy....

Options
Ill start eating too much of a certain vitamin, which would be toxic & do more harm than good.

So instead i eat junk food allll day and then take a multivitamin.

Ive struggled with binge eating disorders and food addictions for quite a while now. Not like thats really relevant but clearly i dont know what a healthy diet should be.

Replies

• charlottelouise12345
    Options
    I'd advise you go talk to your doctor, a nurse or a dietician and get them to look at your diet and discus it with you. But basically I think you're more likely to get too much of a vitamin from taking a multi. You'd have to eat a LOT of a food to get a toxic level of any vitamin and even then it's not likely at all.

Maybe try eating just one piece of fruit each day to start with and slowly increasing it each week? Or each week replace one of your fast food meals with something cooked at home or even a more healthy version of take away like a salad? Then you can start of slowly and assure yourself nothing bad is happening..

Really though I think you should print out your food diary and take it to your doctor and talk to them about it...
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    .?????
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    With the fact that you have had problems with an eating disorder before it would probably be best for you to go see your doctor and get a referral to a certified nutritionist. This would probably be better than hearing a lot of different opinions on this site.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think you need more than an internet message board can offer. I'd recommend that you talk to a doctor/psychologist to help you work through this.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Ill start eating too much of a certain vitamin, which would be toxic & do more harm than good.

Ive struggled with binge eating disorders and food addictions for quite a while now. Not like thats really relevant but clearly i dont know what a healthy diet should be.

i eat healthy and take a multi-vitamin. i'm fine.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    You'd have to eat a LOT of a food to get a toxic level of any vitamin and even then it's not likely at all.

That. You'd much sooner get a stomach ache from eating three bags of frozen vegetables in a day then get toxic levels of ANYTHING in your system.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    honestly, the things some people manage to convince themselves about
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

Yup I would see a doctor or dietician if I were you sweetheart. Please do.

Mainly you need to eat enough and eat foods you like. Pick one healthy thing you like and try to add it in. Changing too many things at once is usually not sustainable. Saying any foods are "bad" vs "good" gives you hang ups and does not help with your eating issues right now. Try to change one thing to healthy, like maybe breakfast for example, get it to stick as a healthy habit then pick another, and so on.

"healthy" foods are mainly foods not in packages and not fast food. Stuff you would make at home. Meat, chicken, fish, nuts, beans, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, rice, grains, good bread, potatoes. It's not hard to cook simple meals. I cook a batch of meat and use it all week in tacos, sandwiches, salads, etc.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

i eat healthy and take a multi-vitamin. i'm fine.

Me too. I eat super healthy (I think lol) and take multiple vitamins and Emergen C. Please seek help OP.
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    Um..I just read your profile page and not that I'm an expert or anything but I would definitely recommend that you get in to see a psychologist or at the very least a counselor. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it sounds like you have some major self esteem issues. Changing your appearance so other people treat you better is not going to make you feel better about yourself in the long run. Yes we live in a superficial, shallow society but that doesn't mean you have to be. Be your own person!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Plus, your body won't absorb the vitamins if you're eating like crap. It's useless what you are doing, love.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Go down one size to size 1 or 0.
    -Break my caffeine addiction.
    -Get into treatment for my hairloss
    -Clear up my skin (breaks out when oily)
    -Tummytuck, boobjob, botox, lipinjections.
    -Start college
    -Do something with my life
    -Become very productive like Mochiedoke.
    -Many more.

Your goals are COMPLETELY assbackwards.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Read your profile. You need to speak to a professional, doll.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    hmm interesting theory.
    I personally think that you are more likely to have toxic effects from junk food than healthier food any day.
    Just my two cents.
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    most vitamins are water soluble so you would just pee them out so you really cant take too much. Just Fat Soluble ones you can take too much but that is a hard thing to do.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hmm interesting theory.
    I personally think that you are more likely to have toxic effects from junk food than healthier food any day.
    Just my two cents.

I agree with this. All the toxins, additives, chemicals and what not added to junk food is FAR worse than having too many vitamins and nutrients from healthy foods. I have friends that eat a raw vegan diet, their breakfast would consist of 5 pounds of fruit. I'm not even kidding. And that is just one meal. You won't overdose on vitamins by eating healthy.

I also do agree with the ones saying you should consider talking to a professional. You don't even have to go see your regular doctor to talk to a dietician, but I would recommend it. They can help you get set on an eating plan that works for you AND is still healthy.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I REALLY hope you're joking.

PS. after reading your profile - a good place to start to deal with skin issues and hairloss is to eat healthy!!
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    Vitamins are controversial in effectivenes. Real food has so many helpful components that haven't even been discovered yet, outside of identified vitamins. All these components work together for true health. Re-evaluate your perception of food and find a doctor or nutritionist who can help. Lots of caring people on here for you.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    did you know toxins in junk food are the number 1 cause of cancers??arent you afraid of that?

i eat 2100 calories of healthy food(atleast 3 fruits and 6 vegetables) a day and take a bunch of supplements.you will need way too many calories to achieve the level of toxicity you are talking about from vitamins.the body is very efficient in utilizing the food you eat.do seek help from a nutritionist.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Her profile says she wants to be "anorexic skinny". The only advice she should be receiving is to see a professional.