HELP

Options
how do i say no,having such a hard time not giving in to the bad things.ANY TIPS???being a stay at home mom and my hubby working evenings its so easy to eat the bad stuff when no one is watching

Replies

• Wicked_Mango
    Options
    The easiest way is to not have the bad stuff at home, or have healthier versions of it :)

If you REALLY can't manage but can't get rid of it maybe put it in a locked box/cabinet/etc and give the key to your hubby :P That way you can't get to it without breaking a door down ;)

Or use some mouthwash or gum to give you a minty taste in your mouth :P Usually I can't touch anything with the minty taste in my mouth!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    - Don't buy the bad stuff!
    - Have healthy snacks available
    - Make yourself meal times and try not to eat outside of those
    - Try eating more at breakfast - if I do this I find that I'm not so likely to snack later on. If I don't have much breakfast I feel hungry and snacky all day.
    - Plan your meals for the day - include some snacks and get them pre-prepared just as if you were packing your meals to go out. This way you can see what you have available and eat some of that rather than snacking on other stuff.
    - Find something to do that keeps your hands busy so when you feel like snacking you have an alternative (knit, write, hang out the washing, tidy the cupboards, play Wii, learn a musical instrument etc)

Hope this helps

PS That is one VERY cute bubby!
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Determine are you head hungry or stomach hungry? I have had the bad habits of eating when stressed, bored, frustrated, uncomfortable, worried, etc.... Or drink water, call someone, visit a neighbor, or simply lean into the hunger, feel it, embrace it, listen to your body and feel the hunger without immediately feeding it. You can do it!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the foods you can't control yourself around. Make a list of alternatives that you like to snack on. Crunchy veggies, fat free popcorn, herbal tea, whatever you like and fulfills that snacking urge!
  • catsbc2002
    catsbc2002 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks guys:flowerforyou:
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind your doing this for yourself and your family? Eating junk food is only letting yourself down.. remind yourself of that every time you reaach for the "bad food" if you think of it that way and are still 100% sure you'll feel better after eating and entire bag of potato chips... then go for it.. If you think you'll feel bad or indifferent afterwards... grab a glass of water or something healthy.

Or next time you eat something bad remember how you felt afterwards and remind yourself of that everytime.

- I cook a batch of cupcakes and brownies every week... they are delicious and I could totally eat them whenever.. however In the last month I have not had one at all... they might taste good but they aren't worth it in the long run.

if your serious about being healthy saying no to bad food isn't that hard,