Care to join me for some P90X?

Options
Good morning MFP peeps. Anyone here starting, going to start P90X soon? I love the energy and atmosphere here and am going to be starting P90X next Monday October 8th. Anyone care to join me? You don’t have to start at the same time it’s just more challenging and fun when more people can motivate and do this. Anyone care to “Bring It”?
Charlie

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Starting P90X leans today! Modifying a little bit though (Days 2 and 4 I have a ballet class so if the workout is something other than Yoga or Stretch, I will make up for it on the weekend).

I need all the support I can get! Friending you.
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Got it Alpine,
    I'll be starting next week Monday as I just finished P90X2 friday. Need a break. Yes, I need some motivation as well.
    Any other... Let's do this.....
  • tp5647
    tp5647 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! My boyfriend is joining me along the journey, but he doesn't have that much to lose. Still though, it's nice having someone in the house to keep you on track with nutrition and exercise goals. I wish you guys luck, wish me luck in not dying on my first round :happy:
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    HI I am about to start in a few minutes. Was looking for some others to join me. Cant Wait, going to do P90X Classic, I will admit this is my 4th or 5th time attempting it in the past 4 years. But this time around I have been working out consistently for at least a year, so I am way more prepared then before. Can use some support and friends along the way.
    Thanks for starting the post
  • tp5647
    tp5647 Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh my! The first session kicked my butt. I could barely keep up with the first 60 minutes and the ab workout afterward gave me muscle failure (my hip flexors just couldn't handle it). I'm having a hard time listing the calories burned however. P90x tells you to add 600 calories to your diet, but I think that's a bit high. I entered the6 exercise as 600 calories per hour on MFP and then logged 30 minutes instead of the 60 I actually did. Since I couldn't keep up very well, this sounded fair. What do you guys think?
  • fish3367
    Options
    So, when you say start P90X, is there a set program? I have the discs (a gift) but have never actually used them...I was thinking earlier today I need to do more than power walking/running in order to tone up. Any direction is greatly appreciated.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post this exact post. I'm glad I did a quick search first :)

I just started P90X (for the first time) tonight. Chest and Back and Abs ---- WOW! I'm looking for some friends to go on this journey with.

I will also need some help with the diet. I'm not following the exact diet to a T, but I am following the calorie level and macro goals. That puts me over 200 grams of protein, which is going to be tough. Today -- I was all around short (too low on calories and therefore too low on protein too). Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Oh --- and I burned 374 calories per my HRM.
  • latingiggles
    Options
    I started today!!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    I started on September 10. If anybody wants to add me, feel free. Support is so important! :-)

Erica
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Oh my! The first session kicked my butt. I could barely keep up with the first 60 minutes and the ab workout afterward gave me muscle failure (my hip flexors just couldn't handle it). I'm having a hard time listing the calories burned however. P90x tells you to add 600 calories to your diet, but I think that's a bit high. I entered the6 exercise as 600 calories per hour on MFP and then logged 30 minutes instead of the 60 I actually did. Since I couldn't keep up very well, this sounded fair. What do you guys think?

Get a heart rate monitor. Not all of the exercises will give the same burn. 600 is not an accurate count at all.
  • radscorpion
    Options
    Hey! I did P90X Chest & Back yesterday. I'm doing my own little rotation of it, adding in running and occasionally my own cardio in place of plyo, kempo and yoga. So I'm not following it to the letter this time, but going to be doing the strength training sessions 3x a week and keeping to the same kind of structure :)
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Like mzedavis I started 9/10 as well. So for those starting next Monday on 10/8 I will be starting phase 2 the same day :)

I had a post about starting 9/10 and am in two groups (one for folks who started in September and one general P90X group run by a beachbody coach). It's great having motivated friends who post their update each and everyday either in the message board of via status updates on my friends list. Really helps with the motivation.

So feel free to add me for those embarking on the same journey.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I started Aug 25th, on week 6, phase 2 -- plyo tonight woohoo!!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Robin and I started the same time... week 6, day 3 for me :)
  • dani_alaine
    Options
    Actually yes! The hubby and I just started the program for our second time through this week! We completed the program for the first time 2 weeks ago and last week we had our recovery week. We love doing P90x together. It is not an easy workout but it's worth it. I will say it does take a little while to start seeing changes (approx 6 weeks for most) but if you stick with it, you wont be sorry! Also, its great to surround yourself with people who are working towards the same goal, who are going through the same rigorous program. I would love to be MFP friends :) Good luck to ya!
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    just started p90x lean this morning with core synergetics. Didn't know how to log it so i just put it in my exercise notes. Hoping it will help with these last 6lbs i need to lose.
  • Starcovitch
    Starcovitch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP people! Was gonna start p90x last monday but go a nasty cold so official start is for Oct. 08. Feel free to friend me!
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im starting in the next week or so. Feel free to add me....love a good challenge, friendly competition and some requited support

Lets do this! Feel free to add me ^-^
  • nola985
    Options
    I'm on tne p90x journey as well. I'm coming to the end of week 8. I've got my DH working with me and it makes all difference. To date I've lost 20lbs and I feel great. It's hard but worth it. Feel free to add me.
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow! I did not realize all the people that posted on here. I have to admit I was a little discouraged at the limited response I got a few hours after posting the first post but I am glad to all those that chimed in. Sorry for the lack of response from me as I took the past week off to just indulge and get "IT" (meaning eating like CRAP) out of my system. Its all out of my system now and to be honest I did not enjoy it. I ate all the things I want including soda, chips, home made mac n cheese, biscuits and gravy etc. I tell you all this because I want you all to know that I am committed and if I eat crap I am accountable for it. I will address all of you that have chimed in as I want to welcome you all properly. Thank you again for joining me on this journey.

Charlie