Bod Pod Challenge

Options
Alonnea
Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
So, the base we're stationed at sponsored an eight week bod pod challenge. There were weekly challenges such as, eating 3 cups and vegetables and 2 cups of fruits and drinking 8 glasses of water. You also got extra points for working out which included cardio and strength training. When I first got my bodyfat done with the bod pod 8 weeks ago I was at 25.9%. I had just started New Rules Of Lifting the week before and was interested to see how the workouts would work over the 8 week period. As of today and testing in the bod pod I am at 20.7% bodyfat. When I saw my sheet my jaw almost hit the floor, I couldn't believe it. I had a goal of at least 23% when all was said and done but am completely amazed at the loss. This goes to show that weight lifting (heavy) is great for your body! I also ate!!! I usually had around 1800 to 2200 calories a day depending on workouts. I didn't diet, I didn't stop eating foods that I love I just made sure to moderate what I ate and get to the gym. I hope this lets people know that you are able to change so much about yourself if you put your mind to it! :)

Replies

• Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing result, well done!
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow! I would love to see what your lifts look like. I need to trim some serious body fat. I do the NROLFW and body pump... I think I might be doing it wrong. LOL :drinker: Congrats to you.
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't think my lifts are anything spectacular by any means I just try and go higher every workout but if I can't I don't sweat it. I'm on Stage 3 and completely love the structure of the book. Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!