menu plan for 2/15-2/21

Options
monday – minestrone soup with bacon
buttery cheddar herb biscuits
spinach salad with kiwi (in homemade raspberry vinegarette)

tuesday – meatloaf
mashed potatos
cauliflower in cheese sauce
apple
ice cream with homemade hot fudge

wednesday – garlic and herb cheese (laughing cow), spinach and crimini stuffed chicken
mixed veggies (green beans, carrots, yellow carrots and red peppers)
pears

thursday – leftovers

friday – mahi-mahi
rice stuffed bell peppers
grapes
diet soda cake

saturday – goulash
corn
bing cherries
apple juice

sunday – french dip and spicy mustard
spagetti squash with rotel and parmesan cheese
strawberries and cream

what are you eating?
dawn

Replies

• yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    kimchee mung bean pancakes, vegetarian split pea soup, Thai shrimp/pork balls over pasta, chicken enchiladas with tomatillo sauce, steamed broccoli, garlic roasted zucchini, lemon/kale millet
  • carriedkline
    carriedkline Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How do you make diet soda cake? That sounds interesting...
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    How do you make diet soda cake? That sounds interesting...

A box of cake mix and a can of diet soda or soda water.... light pop with light cake (vanilla) and dark pop with dark (chocolate)!
    Or if you're adventurous make and orange cake with diet orange - or cherry/rainbow chip with diet cream soda lol!

I also add 2 egg whites to help it stay together.
  • m0m2three
    Options
    Bumping for recipe. Thanks for sharing.
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    Dawn - do you mind sharing the recipe for "garlic and herb cheese (laughing cow), spinach and crimini stuffed chicken"? It sounds delish!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts ~ Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, FF skim milk, whole almonds, banana & ground flax seed OR steel cut oats with strawberries and cinnamon

Lunches ~ tuna salad ( made with real mayo, mustard, chopped onion) on brown bread or spinach/garden vegetable tortilla, baby carrots, 2% swiss deli slice, 2 clementines, OR minestrone or lentil soups, celery hearts, low sodium tomato juice, small spinach/romaine salad with homemade EVOO dressing

Dinners ~ grilled chicken breast, or salmon or cod. steamed or stir-fry( in EVOO) broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts, green/red bell peppers, onions, garlic...baked sweet potatoe or brown rice.....spinach/romaine salad

snacks ~ whole walnuts, greek (honey) yogurt, Laughing Cow swiss cheese wedge, apple or brown bread w/ naturally more peanut butter, hard boiled egg, Kashi 7 grain crackers
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aimeeclaire
    aimeeclaire Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I have not thought that far ahead...but I love reading these for ideas.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Monday - pasta with blackened scallops and spinach
    Tuesday - lasagna with a salad
    Wednesday - broiled tilapia topped with spicy salsa and steamed brocoli
    Thursday - some kind of chicken
    Friday - haven't gotten that far yet.

Would love to get the stuffed chicken recipe!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Dawn - do you mind sharing the recipe for "garlic and herb cheese (laughing cow), spinach and crimini stuffed chicken"? It sounds delish!

sure. :)

4 4oz chicken breasts (cut in half almost all the way thru [but leave it still attached] or pounded flat - i pound flat with a skillet [place on a non-skid cutting board, cover with saran wrap and whack with the skillet until desired thickness])
    4 garlic and herb cheese wedges (half a wheel)
    8 to 10 ounces crimini (or other) mushrooms, sliced
    2 cups spinach
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    salt and pepper

heat skillet and 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium high. add mushrooms and saute until brown, around 8 minutes. add spinach and wilt, about 2 minutes. remove skillet from heat. divide into 4 even portions.

if you cut the chicken, open. salt and pepper outside. spread cheese wedge on the inner side on half chicken (it will be thick). add mushrooms/spinach to center (don't spread out much). take other half of chicken and stretch over top. close with 1-2 thick toothpicks.

reheat skillet and 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium high. place chicken in skillet to cook for 4-6 minutes until bottom side is cooked thru (depending on the skillet, may be browned). reduce heat, flip chicken over and cover with lid to steam cook the rest of the chicken (leave a crack for heat to escape). maybe another 4-6 minutes, 10 at the very most. use tongs to pull out the tootpicks and serve. (if a lot of the cheese melted out of the chicken, pour in a 1/4 cup of white wine or chicken stock and stir, making a yummy cheesy sauce to pour over the chicken.)

garnish with paprika and/or parsley.

you can probably bake it for the same effect, about 40-45 minutes.

**edited for formatting
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Sunday -- homemade hawaiin beef burgers on wholegrain roll
    Monday -- Chicken madras with rice and mixed vegetables
    Tuesday -- Tuna & pasta bake
    Wednesday -- Grilled beef, mushroom, peppers and onion kebabs; cous cous
    Thursday -- Fish baked in tinfoil parcels with lemon pepper or salsa plus oven baked chips and salad
    Friday -- Probably Nandos takeout
  • boniekatie
    Options
    You guy are inspiring. I am just starting and my diet has been pretty plain so far. I definitely need to plan ahead and to get more creative.:blushing:
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    that recipe looks absolutely amazing. i'm going to make it tonight for my boyfriend and his family.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    that recipe looks absolutely amazing. i'm going to make it tonight for my boyfriend and his family.

sunshine, how was it? did you totally impress them as a culinary goddess? :)
    dawn
  • EvaaBliss
    Options
    hmmmm ii reallly Loove m breakfast every morning;; I take Whole grain bread and toast it so its dark;; butter it;; And put it to the side;; then i take a grapefruit; peeel it; like an orange and eat it with the toast :) && if the grapefruits reallly bitter; I put honey on the toast instead of butter!! its sooo refreshing and reallly wakes me up!