Mcdonalds???

Options
I went to mcdonalds today at the mall. I had a small fry and 2 grilled chicken BBQ snack wraps, and that left me with few calories for the rest of the day. Are there any smarter chioces that I could have made. And something other than salad?

Replies

• krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    Well anytime you select something fried, then it is not a good option:( Its okay though...If you dont like salads it probably best to stay away from fast food. You can also select a girlled chicken sandwhich only (no fries no soda). It's okay, just work out longer today to increase your calorie allowance. We all make bad decisions from time to time:)
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Go to your local grocery store and grab stuff from the salad bar. You won't find a single thing not ladden with chemicals and sodium, fats and carbs at MC D's. You can also look at Mc D's nutritional info they have on their website. Though something may be low in calories, it's extremely high in other things.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Well if you leave out the sauce and the cheese, it drops the cals down by a good bit. I think you made good choices getting the grilled chicken as well, its the fries that are bad, but you got a small, so food for you :) I love there fries.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    You can always go to their website and check out the calories in their food just so you know next time. No worries, just consider it a treat for today and move on ~ best of luck!:smile:
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Obviously, you're not going to do this at the mall unless you have one of those smart phones . . . but when the guys say, here at work, they're ordering from McD's, I check out their nutrition information on their website. Usually it will either steer me in an "ok" direction or steer me far from it when I see what their options have calories wise. If I get something that's not so great for me, like a double cheeseburger off the $1 menu (because I'm cheap), I'll pair it up with the Fruit n Yogurt parfait . . . . but best bet, sorry to tell you, is to skip the fries. They're probably the worst for you :sad:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    probably get a third grilled chicken snack wrap and stay away from the fries. Or just have 2 wraps and eat a healthy snack later.
  • smather04
    Options
    If you wanted to eat at Mcdonalds- the Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich has 420 calories which is less than 2 snack wraps by 100 calories. It's also probably a bit more filling. Or a 4 piece nugget has 190 calories (probably more fat though), so even if you got two thats a lot less than two snack wraps. I would try to stay away but I know the ease and temptation of fast food. Good luck!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi, when I stop at McDonalds I get the grilled chicken snack wrap (no sauce) or for breakfast, a egg mcmuffin (no cheese and dont miss it either) If theres a subway there, a 6" turkey on the honey oat bread with lots of veggies, mustard or no sauce for me. Very filling. I usually get the foot long, and save the rest for another meal.:bigsmile:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My kids like McDonald's every once in a while. I always get the fruit & yogurt parfait, the fruit & walnut salad, and then just munch on their leftover fries.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I went to McD's the first day of my diet (1/1) and was shocked at the nutr. info I found on my iphone app.

Those snack wraps have more calories each than a cheeseburger.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I like the grilled southwest chicken salad. It's not something I'd eat ever day, but if I'm on the go it's good and not too bad calorie wise.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a small fry when I go, because I know I can't forgo their fries! I usually have a Big Mac (minus the middle piece of bread and one burger... I call it a 'mini mac') and a diet soda. I like the new Mac Wrap, under 400 cals. Toss in a small fry, you are looking at just over 600 cals, I believe. Not a "great" meal but for fast food, it's not bad!

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutrition_facts.html
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If you are kicking yourself in the rear, check out the calories for the large Triple Thick Strawberry milkshake and feel better for not choosing that calorie decimator!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I now try and get the happy meal with the hamburger (with or without cheese depends on the day) and switch out the fries if you can. Sometimes ya just gotta give, and have the fries, but for the most part, fries are the enemy!!! (so are the cookies!) I also found out the hard way that the snack wraps do not calculate as a "snack food" calorie-wise, so just stick with the happy meal, and get an extra toy for one of the kiddos. ;)
  • passionhi
    Options
    You could have a grilled chicken patty (they are delicious) for 180 cals., apple dippers(30-35 cals) with or without the caramel (60-70 cals) dipping sauce, and if you just had the have the small fries (230 cals) all for under 500 cals.

The thing/trick is : if you are going to have something not so good for you or just plain ol' high in cals mix it with something low cal, especially if the thing that is high cal is not very filling on its own.

But I give you a thumbs up for trying. :wink:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I fricken love McDonalds. I hardly ever eat it. Today I had a 4 pc nugget and a small fry. Came out to 520 calories. Not terrible for calories, and I ate low fat the rest of the day. Its just too bad its nearly void of nutrition. :bigsmile:
  • teirney
    Options
    BEWARE of the Fruit and Yogurt! It has as much sugar (translation:FAT) as a hot fudge sundae!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    When I stared to change, I used to go to McD's or Harvey's order a grilled chicken sandwich and remove 1/2 the bun..

So as someone said premium chicken sandwich is less than 2 chicken wraps. Get the chicken grilled and when you get it, remove 1/2 the bun and of course forget the fries.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If fast food is my only option I'll get a Hamburger Happy Meal with a Diet Coke for 500 cal. That's not horrible calorie wise and it satisfies my craving for a cheat food.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I get a 6-piece chicken McNuggets (250 calories) and a Medium Hazelnut iced coffee (180). That's a total of 430 calories. I love love LOVE flavored coffee though! If you don't like coffee, this might not be the order for you lol :)