Looking for Friends with a Long Way to Go

Options
Hey, everyone!

I'm trying to drop 163 more pounds, and I could use the support of folks like myself who have a long trek to the finish line. I'm doing a loose version of the Paleo diet, so I'd also welcome anyone who's doing something similar (Paleo, keto, anything low-carb/low-refined sugar).

Gonna need all the support I can get! :)

Replies

• akiliholmes
    Options
    Welcome to the right place to be :-) I am not doing that particular version of dieting but those who are will certainly be in your corner for help. Wishing you the absolute best because this is not a diet, and but our lifestyle change :-) Get Em Mille!
  • mayasgroove
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. You are in the right place, I too have a long way to go and I am still going on my first month since joining. Don't let that number scare you girl. We can do this. I am into low carb diet and currently learning the Paleo thing.
  • MarsdenChick
    Options
    Hi there, I have some hard work ahead of me too, Im looking to lose at least 50 lbs, I started a gym membership with Goodlife. So far, pretty good, 8 lbs gone already. Yay! my sisters have joined me, but only one of them comes regularly. I hope to see more posts on everyones progress, I went to a local thrift store to browse some magazines on fitness and books on dieting. Theres alot of good books out there on different types of carb diets. If your like me, head to your nearest thrift store and browse through the books and dont forget the recipe books too. Hope this helps some. Best wishes!
  • mgardiner288
    mgardiner288 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to have you as a friend. I do not eat processed foods, refined sugar and i eat very low carbs. I too have a long way to go, but i have had success in the past and know i can do it again, and hopefully this time keep it off.

I could definitely use some more buddies for support as well.
  • spimento29
    spimento29 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there :) I am also new here and have a long way to go. I stared low carb / low sugar eating a week ago and was really happy to see a 7lb weight loss on my first week. :)

I also just got started on the 30 day shred with Jilian Michael's video as of tonight. Anybody else doing 30 day shred? If so would love to hear about it.

I look forward to chatting with all of you as we all achieve our weight loss goals.

:smile:
    -Sonia
  • Mille_Fleurs
    Options
    Thanks, guys!

I don't use the term "diet" lightly. To me, it simply means what it used to mean: that which makes up what I regularly eat. I don't intend for this to be a temporary thing. Paleo is helping a lot with my stomach and energy problems. It's what I plan to do continuously.

If any of you need another cheerleader, please add me! I can be vocal in my support. :)
  • saween
    saween Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there!

I have just finally started my weight loss program after putting it off for more than a year. I think its time for me to make a change.
    My current weight is 81kg my goal is 51 kg so a total of 30 kg to go :) and I have a long way to go.
  • haromelissa
    haromelissa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello this is day 2 for me :) I have a long ways to go also, Im doing Insanity and its not gonna be easy but, LETS DO THIS
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hey, everyone!

I'm trying to drop 163 more pounds, and I could use the support of folks like myself who have a long trek to the finish line. I'm doing a loose version of the Paleo diet, so I'd also welcome anyone who's doing something similar (Paleo, keto, anything low-carb/low-refined sugar).

Gonna need all the support I can get! :)

yep im low carbs and got around 140 to lose so feel free to add me:smile:
  • kdank
    kdank Posts: 29
    Options
    I got bout 70 to go, so add me im down its gonna take a while to get back to the fighting weight.