Advice on What to Wear?

Options

Replies

• HeatherDominik
    Options
    Black dress! you look happy in that dress and it flatters you so well! Wear some simple jewls, cute heels and curl or pin your hair either way you'll look great

^This! =) ...You look happier with yourself in the black dress. And if you feel good the confidence will radiate! <3 Both are great on you, btw- but I'm jumping on the bandwagon of the black one being brag-worthy! Hubby will be one lucky guy, and I'm sure envied by many!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    blk dress!!! 100 %
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am overwhelmed by the # of responses! Thanks to ALL for your compliments, advice, and suggestions! I really do appreciate it! When I went to the store, I went with the sole purpose of trying on the sparkly one, but when I saw the black one I thought that my husband might prefer it. The back of the sparkly one is just like the front with a V. But the more I look at the sparkly, I get what people are saying about the "Mother-of-the-Bride" look. Although I don't think it would look "motherly" in black, but the sparkles may be too much, especially since it's not my reunion.

I am on the prowl for some cute shoes, but they can't be too high... my husband is only 2 inches taller than I am. =/ And yes... I will have to get it hemmed, as I am only 5' 3", which is why they all are a little long/below the knee. Now just to decide whether to go with the size 10 or 8. I tried them both on... and both sizes are represented in the pictures. If I had to wear it today, I'd go with the 10, but seeing as how it is almost 4 weeks away, I may be good with the 8... decisions, decisions...
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    the black one favors your coloring and makes you look younger....the black one also makes you look stunning and follows the natural curve or your body...and that back...wow....

black one please.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    you can NEVER go wrong with an LBD. plus the other one looks too matronly.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You look great in both but I think the black one is really great on you and gives that "thats MY wife" vibe that you want because you look stunning in it!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    The black one for sure! It's not the color, it's the cut. That rouching does all the right things. And your hair looks best in that pic too, the way you let it frame your face was very flattering. The other dress is festive and sparkly but compared to the other one it looks like a mother-of -the-bride dress. And the black makes you look 10-15 lbs thinner, the hair makes you look 10 years younger. You look hot! Your hubby is gonna be so proud to show you off. Have fun!
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    The black... I was gonna say the blue but I'm only 32... and you'd look kinda skanky I think... I mean its a reunion so people will look at you like why does she *have* to show it off??

And the black one is more slimming and if you're bloated it will hide it.
    And it is sexy but not skanky.

That said I always show off my hooters/cleavage so I'm speaking from a view point of those highly critical stare down people.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! black one hands down!
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    the black one - in addition to what's been said above, it's a much better length to show off your lovely legs.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Black one. Now...which shoes are you going to wear? Also, can you wear your hair up? Think it would look super classy...
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    The black one but please shorten it to just under the knee, it will make your legs look longer which is more slimming.
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Black dress, hair up, reverse pearl necklace (so the length goes down your back, not the front, red pumps. You'll be smokin!

^^ This ^^ Need those RED shoes! :smokin:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the black is too safe. go with the other one or better yet get a red dress
  • Missanticipated
    Options
    Definitly the black dress! :)
  • kirstineu
    kirstineu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I hate to buck the trend here but I like the sparkley number!! Maybe it is an underwear thing. I think it is much more flattering with the deep v neck line. Maybe you had different underwear on in each photo?
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Before I had even read to the end of your post I thought "sparkly" in black would be awesome coz I love the sparkle but also the classy look - so with the black sparkle you could have the best of both dresses!!! Which ever you choose, you look amazing, and I am sure your hubby will be proud to show you off! x
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Sparkles all the way! :happy:
  • theosgoods
    theosgoods Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The black one looks more expensive. I like the smoothness of it. It makes me think, "I want to get closer to that person." I think if you're dancing, you'd look classier as well. Any options on making it shorter? haha.
  • brennsie
    Options
    black dress for sure :)