Alcohol - what should i stick to?

Options
bufger
bufger Posts: 763 Member
So tomorrow night I have a party as a friend is leaving work. We're going out to a brazilian restaurant where they basically just serve meat and veg (woohoo!) but then everyone will be drinking and i want to have a drink too. The issue is i dont want to drink lots of beer like I usually would as it will pile on the calories

What good alternatives are there out there that i'll find in bars/clubs?

I was thinking Whiskey and diet coke? I'm not a fan of vodka but i know that would be the best choice. All help appreciated :)

Replies

• Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I used to drink alcohol 3-4 nights a week until I started this. I now allow myself one night a week where I go out for a drink (or 10!). I save my leftover calories and use them. I have changed drinking large glasses of wine to drinking vodka and diet coke. I know you dont like vodka but I am sure if you look on internet there is somewhere on there that tells you how many calories in most alcoholic drinks.
  • bufger
    Options
    thanks!

Whiskey it is then! 55 calories for 25ml is a good deal for me. I knew beer was high but to think i could easily drink 2000 calories worth and then have a 1000 calorie takeaway (and thats after a day of 3 meals). sickening!
  • manfredz
    manfredz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    White or red wine, gin with club soda or beer (light or ultra). Alternatively, take an extra workouts at the gym in order to "afford" to drink what ever you like :-)

Whatever you choose, alcohol will reduce your metabolism.
  • Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Vodka, soda, lemon and lime is a good one.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Mmmmm rodizio.

Red wine (stick to drier varieties) has carbs but also contains antioxidants like CoQ and reservatrol that aid lipolysis (but sounds like that wont help much here).

Scotch, gin, vodka, and whiskey are all low carb and tend to be the lowest in calories. Alcohol is non-insulinogenic.

Either way sounds like you're screwed - so just don't think about it and dig in.
  • bufger
    Options

Either way sounds like you're screwed - so just don't think about it and dig in.

haha! looks like i'm going to have to work pretty hard for the rest of the week then. Luckily its a rare occurance for me so i'm going to stick to whiskey and try to limit myself to 4 for the whole night (240 calories).
  • Navy4571
    Navy4571 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    good luck. I went out for a friends birthday a few weeks ago. I had 4 beers (bud light). In any case, limiiting myself to only 4 beers saved me money (they were on special for $1 a piece and some calories)

I worked out for an extra 30 minutes the next day and ended up down 3 lbs at the end of the week.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Vodka, soda, lemon and lime is a good one.

This is what I have, quite refreshing too after a long day in the office ;-)
  • endureandpersist
    endureandpersist Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try some Everclear and coke. One will do it. You needn't drink more!
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    shot of tequila and shot of lime cordial in a tumbler with lots of ice...mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Scotch, straight up or with ice, is low-calorie. If you like that sort of thing :) (I usually just stick with my wine)
  • tholzendorf
    tholzendorf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vodka, water and 4 limes is my secret low calorie refreshing drink:-). Be careful because it tastes like water with lime....will sneak up on you. :laugh:
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options

Wow! Thanks for this!
  • bufger
    Options