Slow Cooker liners

Options
Okay so this might seem like a bit of a weird question. I use my slow cooker a LOT. I work full time and have two kids and husband to feed. In addition, I'm lazy. All of this leads me to want to slow cook regularly. But washing the slow cooker can be a royal pain! (You know I'm right. Admit it. You know. :wink: ) So I decided to try out these slow cooker liners that I saw on tv. The idea is supposed to be that the liner keeps the food from getting in the slow cooker itself=easier cleaning.

But I'm finding that every time I use them the liquid from whatever I cook just seeps right through the liner. Is that normal or am I getting super cheap liners? Have any of you had the same result? To be fair, it's not as bad as if the stuff got cooked on and stuck to the slow cooker, but it's not what I expected.

Feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use Slow Cooker Liners every time I use my slow cooker (which is a lot!) and I have never had that problem. I have never had any leaks. What brand do you use? I use Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I didnt even KNOW there were Slow Cooker Liners. I have been wanting to start cooking more in my slow cooker, especially with winter coming up. Soups and such!! :)
  • Romeena
    Romeena Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also use the Reynolds and love them. I have on rare occasions had a bit of a leak. I usually am able to simply tie the whole mess up and throw it out--sometimes I will freeze it before I trash it, depends on when trash day is.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I've only used them a couple times but did not have this problem. I used Reynolds also. Is it possible when you stir up whatever is in there that it tore the liner?
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of slow cooker liners either. From Reynolds I'm guessing aluminum?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Wow never heard of such a thing. I wonder if I can get them in Australia. I use my slow cooker every week at least once or twice and four times this week because I made steel cut oats for this weeks breakfasts.
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    They are not aluminum, pixietoes. They are a plastic liner.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    No, they're not tearing. I can still pick up the liner and it holds what's in it. It just seemed weird that the stuff seems to seep through with no tears. At first I had thought it was just condensation, but it's the same color as the sauce of whatever I'm cooking usually. It's still way easier to clean than if I didn't use them at all. :)

'm not sure what brand they are-but these probably aren't Reynolds. I tend to get generic stuff-or whatever's on the shelf in our neighborhood. I'll check and then try the Reynolds.

Thanks for the feedback, y'all!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I occasionally have issues with leaks, but I love my slow cooker liners! I hate scrubbing the crock pot, and even when the liners leak, stuff still doesn't get crusted on like it does without the liners...
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Dumb question ~ with the liners ~ you can still cook ANYTHING in your crockpot, yes? Beans or roast, it does not matter?