Before and After....Walking only

Options
2»

Replies

• ozofeliz
    ozofeliz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My hiking routine is 10.74 km three times every week. Result: 90 pounds lost.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!
  • dgr93
    dgr93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Ive got some pictures that were taken a month apart. Im not sure if they are exactly what you are looking for because I do jog 3/4 times per week at 5.2mph (so not fast) but I do a lot of walking and try to eat right (My diary is open if you want to add me and have a look). We have two 8 month old springer spaniels which need walking an hour and half per day (I usually go with them 6 times per week) - so I think that has really helped with my weight loss. I also go swimming on a sunday morning instead of walking, do you think that could be another exercise you could do? It is low intensity and you can go at your own pace.
    I have lost 20 pounds in the 7 weeks I have been on MFP and have loads left to loose - so not a success story just yet - but hopefully you can see a small difference in the two photos..

Good luck with your Journey!
    p.s - sorry if the pics dont work, ive never posted any before...

hopefully resized pictures are as follows....

editedsideview1month.jpg

frontview1monthedited.jpg
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Just stick with this site it is a HUGE motivator!
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures - but with the exception of 5 days of p90x and the occassional zumba class or yoga class - all I do is walk. I don't ever run. Well, sometimes I swim but I havent done that very often. I have dropped 16 pounds since June. I walk outside and I walk with Leslie Sansone. Sometimes I do Sweatin to the Oldies too - but only when I feel a little crazy! LOL I would love to have friends who mostly walk. Feel free to add me.
  • Deps
    Deps Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures and I'm probably a bad example but I have lost 67pounds in eight months eating healthy, keeping an eye on my weight (wii fit lets me keep a graph of it over time) and doing basic/no exercise. I walk when I could drive, such as down to the shops, and I have a rower at home which I use but to be honest I get so exhausted from Uni/work etc that I often don't have time for much exercise either. I make a few tiny changes like taking the stairs, not elevator and this is where I am now :)
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm not near my goal yet, but I've lost 25lbs in the last 2 months with just walking. i try to walk 4-5 times a week for 20-30 minutes.
    here's my face before and after:
    20lbsface_zps22c5e61d.jpg
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Most of my weight loss was walking. You can see the pics in my profile. The black dress was the day I got married in Dec 2009 and the pink shirt was May 2011. Current pic was last month, but I've just been maintaining for the last year and a bit. I started around March 2010 and started off just cutting down portion sizes and walking to work a couple days a week (2.5 miles each way) It was tough at first and I could only walk a bit of the way and would have to take the streetcar, but it got easier and then I started walking the whole distance more frequently, and now I walk every day and walk it in just over half an hour (over 4 mph)
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I started in July 2012 doing a few weeks of Zumba, then switched to strictly walking on the treadmill with the occasional jog. I've lost 27 lbs so far.

2qu3ynr.jpg
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have lost 95 pounds since March 11th of this year with just dietary changes and walking. For the first three months and 50 pounds, it was only diet. Then I started to feel better and started walking. At first I could barely manage a mile, but the last couple of months I have totaled around 70 miles for the month. I have walked as far as 5 miles at a time (on weekends, when I have the time to blow). I am not a runner, and don't think I ever will be,regardless how thin I may get. But I actually enjoy walking, and it seems to be working well.
  • steelnfl
    Options
    I have lost 43 lbs since June 6th pretty much using MFP and walking. I started walking like 2 miles and now I walk 4 miles at about 4 miles per hour. I just started biking and I am enjoying that because it makes me work harder. I did 4 miles in like 20 minutes (12 mph). I used to hate exercise but now I find myself missing it if I miss a day. I try to put in 1 hour of cardio on most days walking/biking. I tried running some but I don't like it much. I need to incorporate a few days of weight lifting but I dread that, I never enjoyed lifting too much but I need to. The thing I love about MFP is that I can track everything and nothing is off limits. Once I run out of calories I either have to go work out or stop eating for the day. It is a slow process but just take it a day at a time. Also I drink plenty of water, at least 80 oz per day and more if I work out. By the way I feel better than I have in a long time. Knees are not sore, back feels much better, I am not sleepy during the day and I have energy to go work out after work. I am digging this.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've lost 78lbs since Feb. 29th of this year, by using this site, counting my calories, and walking. I just started the walking 9 weeks ago, starting out at 1 mile per day 4x per week, then after a week, I upped it to 2 miles 4x per week. I feel like I'm ready for more, so next week, I will probably go for 3 miles and see our my knees feel.

Thanks for sharing! I've got heal pain and I need to tone down my workouts for two weeks. I was concerned that walking wouldn't be enough, but if it works for you then it should work for me. :happy:
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    u can look at my pics. that's what i've done and just now incorporated jogging.

wow! u look great! how much/long did u walk a day?
    3-4 days a week...45 min each time.

and ty
  • monastempletransformed
    Options
    wow GREAT JOB !!!! 78lb in 7 mo WOW !!!!!
  • monastempletransformed
    Options
    Great Job DEB !!!!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    2008:

1431311.jpg

I went from 315 pounds to 265 pounds in about seven months. I walked for about 45-60 minutes 5-6 nights per week and kept my calories around 1800/day.
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    This isn't my story but my mother-in-law lost like 40 lbs just by walking 1-2hr a day,
    stopped her eaing to comfort her, she is a big believer on eating what you want in moderation.
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    There is also the workout DVD - "Walk-Away-The-Pounds. I lost over 40 lbs. doing this workout a few years ago and now I'm back on it after having my son. It can be done inside so no worries with the weather. I started out doing the 1 mile and worked my way up to the 4 & 5 mile. Each mile is roughly 12-15 minutes. The DVD can be purchased at Target, etc. and there is also the official website.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!