NSV?

Options
So, this isn't really a victory for me per se... but it so is. Since I've started losing weight and started running, I have been pressuring my mom to start losing weight too. Heart disease runs freely through my family and her doctor told her she needs to start losing weight before something bad happens. She kept dismissing me, saying that she was fine and she doesn't really care.

Well, guess what she did today??? She signed both of us up for the gym (I couldn't afford it on my own and would just run at the track and workout at home) and she has already taken a class this morning while I was at work... WHOA!!!!!!!

I am so stoked, even more so than any of my personal victories :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile:

Replies

• quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!
    I had been running for a few months when my mom-in-law noticed I'd lost quite a bit of weight and decided she, too, would train for a 5k. (however, her knees are falling apart, so she's put it on hold). I just love that getting healthy is so inspiring to others, makes me want to do more!

Good for you AND your mom!! :)

My NSV today was being mistaken for being 5 years younger than I am (I am 28). Woohoo!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!
    I had been running for a few months when my mom-in-law noticed I'd lost quite a bit of weight and decided she, too, would train for a 5k. (however, her knees are falling apart, so she's put it on hold). I just love that getting healthy is so inspiring to others, makes me want to do more!

Good for you AND your mom!! :)

My NSV today was being mistaken for being 5 years younger than I am (I am 28). Woohoo!

Awesome for you!!