Do Great during the week and blow it on the weekend!

Options
Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    yep this is my life
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yes.... It's just so easy to be caught out at the mall food court or sucked into going to a place that has delicious, but not very healthy food. Not to mention food trucks are everywhere now!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    yep this is my life

what she said! oye
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    man i would take any advice since I have been beatinga dead horse for 6 years!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    :sad: yes.:sad:
  • Mrsjay27
    Options
    Absolutely! I allow room for error and if I know my evening will be a splurge one I try to really cut back on what I'll eat early in the day...so far fitness pal is helping because my diary is public to my fitnesspals and I don't want to eat too many things I'm not willing to admit to....
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    yup story of my life.... i had to change my weigh in day from mondays to wednesday to avoid being tottaly discouraged... :) but im trying harder and while i had my moments this past fri and sat, sun was not too bad...
  • viclaw81
    Options
    yep this is my life

And mine!
  • Doreen9686
    Options
    Absolutely yes!
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    What can I say - seems like it is difficult to have a social life that isn't based around alcohol, sugar and fat (good company and lively conversation? "Whatever!"). Also, it is hard not to appear a total killjoy when you are on a diet and out with friends, unless you resort to guerrilla tactics such as:
    1. nursing a single glass of wine all night and then pretending to slur your words and talking "deep" about the universe (of course, after a few weeks you would have got so used to having so little alcohol and you would have had so little to eat that you won't have to pretend to slur your words)
    2. looking over the menu and going - oh yes, I'm definitely going for the creamy pasta and then last minute go "oh, I didn't see the fish before, that looks great".

Other survival tactics.....have weigh-in day on Friday morning (alternatively, Sunday morning can be great if you've had a skinful the night before....dehydration is wonderful for the scales)

Else (and admittedly, this is the most boring but most rewarding) - have a killer workout session on Saturday and enjoy your evening without guilt.

Helpful? I'm guessing not....but I'm with you!
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's particularly a bad thing that we go a bit off track on the weekends. I do this too but i find it really helps me to stay focused during the week.

Jx
  • jules1202
    Options
    Yep! I try to plan lots of exercise into the weekend to compensate and resist the urge to eat junk. Going out to dinner on Saturday night is my downfall.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    This is me! But I like to tell myself I dance the calories off lol
  • meenzer
    meenzer Posts: 100
    Options
    INDEED!!! Because on the weekend I have plenty time (at home and while shopping) ... I'll tell you what, I am granting myself with something, but it stays within the serving limit and/or smallest packaging unit, never keeping the GOODIES at home!!! (basicly tricking myself, but it seem to work). TO BE HONEST, THIS TOOK SOME TIME TO FIGURE IT OUT!!! :flowerforyou:
  • crybaby1216
    crybaby1216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yup me too kids and hubby r home and I am always fixing food for them so it makes it hard to stay on track.
  • Terree83
    Options
    Yes.
    What can I say - seems like it is difficult to have a social life that isn't based around alcohol, sugar and fat (good company and lively conversation? "Whatever!"). Also, it is hard not to appear a total killjoy when you are on a diet and out with friends, unless you resort to guerrilla tactics such as:
    1. nursing a single glass of wine all night and then pretending to slur your words and talking "deep" about the universe (of course, after a few weeks you would have got so used to having so little alcohol and you would have had so little to eat that you won't have to pretend to slur your words)
    2. looking over the menu and going - oh yes, I'm definitely going for the creamy pasta and then last minute go "oh, I didn't see the fish before, that looks great".

Other survival tactics.....have weigh-in day on Friday morning (alternatively, Sunday morning can be great if you've had a skinful the night before....dehydration is wonderful for the scales)

Else (and admittedly, this is the most boring but most rewarding) - have a killer workout session on Saturday and enjoy your evening without guilt.

Haha--love you answer and I could not agree with you more.. who wants to sip on one glass of wine the entire night? No thanks... I'll take several!
    Great call on the workout on Saturday--I have been scheduling my tennis matches (usually burns around 1,000 for 2 hours) on Saturday AM or hitting the gym for some serious cardio or a spin class. That way, I have a ton of extra calories for the day, and don't feel guilty for enjoying myself.. which I really hate feeling guilty for!
  • meenzer
    meenzer Posts: 100
    Options
    Yes.

I AM FEELING YOU ON THIS ONE TOO GOOD!!!!
  • ShannaHeidelberg
    Options
    I totally feel ya! I don't have a computer at home and don't have the internet on my phone so I only post my food and exercise Mon - Friday while I'm at work. I have still noticed that being accountable, even just on weekdays, has helped me lose 15 lbs so far! It's saying something that we are able to return to our healthy eating and working out schedules after slacking off for two whole days. PERSEVERANCE!!!
  • jenbcz
    jenbcz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too.
    But in the last few weeks that I've been using the MFP app on my phone I'm actually doing a ton better :)
    I'll stand in the food court and search my favorite restaurants (eg. Thai Express, Opa) and find something that won't blow away my calories for the day that I still actually want to eat, Win, Win! Same thing at sit down restaurants, I find something that fits, or eat half of something that doesn't, and save the rest for another meal.
    Yah, not as healthy, or "clean" as I eat during the weekdays, but I always feel accomplished when I can still have a "treat" and when I finish my log for the day it doesn't say "If every day were like today you'd weigh a bazzillion pounds in 5 weeks".
    Even on days where I "cheat" I still log Everything, and that sort of gives me perspective on what I'm doing . . . and kind of makes me less excited to sit down and eat a whole giant bag of chips again . . .
    And I often use my exercise calories up on weekends, just so I can fit that favorite meal in :)