Abs/Core DVD Recommendations

Options
I want to start doing an ab routine that I can follow via DVD or online. Anyone have any suggestions?

2228960.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you know anyone with the P90X program but part of that is a 16 minute work out called Ab Ripper and it is excellent!!! 350 ab moves and a cool down in 16 minutes.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat

Available in the uk for around a fiver or in the US for $9.00 on amazon....Works a treat.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels. Or 30Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. The Shred isn't only specific to the core, but it works everything and the core gets stronger. After all, you can't spot reduce fat, it has to be a full body effort.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels. Or 30Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. The Shred isn't only specific to the core, but it works everything and the core gets stronger. After all, you can't spot reduce fat, it has to be a full body effort.

I second both of these and also add Ripped in 30 by Jillian. Ripped in 30 is more "core" focused than 30 Day Shred is. There are a lot of plank/ab moves and a lot of the strength moves that are done require hand weights, but they find a way to work the core as well.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Gilad's workouts sure have withstood the test of time, and he has a new series of DVDs called Lord of the Abs.

I haven't done them, but I'm thinking I want them for Christmas.
  • yo_vovo
    Options

I second both of these and also add Ripped in 30 by Jillian. Ripped in 30 is more "core" focused than 30 Day Shred is. There are a lot of plank/ab moves and a lot of the strength moves that are done require hand weights, but they find a way to work the core as well.

I just ordered the 6 pack abs one. Thanks!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    6 Week 6 Pack by Jillian Michaels. That video is tough! It's all core focused routines with cardio, weights, and HIIT.