Need Support

Options
Hello all,
I've struggled with weight all my life and turned 30 in March and decided enough was enough! I started MFP to help me and have quit on and off. I need people like me to help motivate and support me. I've added people that say the love supporting people but don't seem to do it when it's needed. I love giving support and love receiving it, so add me if your supportive and need the support!
Thanks

Replies

• MommaKit79
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE ADD!!!

I will do what I can to help support and motivate you!

I am 32 (33 in Dec) and have had the same issues...on and off for quite some time. I lost weight on WW in 2008-2009 for my wedding and that was the most success I have ever had losing weight...then I got preggers. My daughter was born in April '10 and I didnt keep myself going. I lost a lot of the weight from my pregnancy Breastfeeding but, then I put it back on. i was around 280 when I had my daughter but, then got back up to around 260! Last year, after seeing a picture of myself on Vacation (posted in my pics), it hit me! So, I have been slowly trying to do something about it. I was involved in a challenge the beginning of the year with people at work and that gave me some motivation to get moving. Also, I have had some minor health issues that have caused me to want to lose weight. In August, I started a program called TurboJam thru BeachBody and I LOVE it! I am going to be doing this til around my birthday in Dec then HOPEFULLY getting and starting TurboFire after the 1st of the year. It had been on and off, even in this past year, but since August, I have become more involved on here and decided to be more accountable for my actions! With being on here and having others on the same journey as me, it has helped IMMENSELY! :-)
  • dizzymslizzy1020
    dizzymslizzy1020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Haha. Same thing happened to me. I started WW in 2004, lost about 15 pounds and found out I was pregnant and gained A LOT!! 8 years later, and I just kept gaining and gaining and have had enough. Thanks for the support!
  • K_Huck
    K_Huck Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 28 and my goal is to be in the best shape of my life by the time I turn 30. Feel free to add me!
  • deguil
    deguil Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!! Just getting started myself. I've known about this site for some time, but just haven't been motivated to use it because of all the crazy career stuff going on in my life. Now I feel like I don't have an excuse. I also joined WW years ago and lost a good bit of weight but let life interupt my progress, so now I want to get back on track. I know I have a long road ahead of me and I am more than willing to give support and advice (I'm a licensed therapist) but I can't seem to practice what I preach. Looking forward to this journey and hoping that I am more successful this time around. Good luck!!!!
  • missy0936
    missy0936 Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE ADD!!!

I will do what I can to help support and motivate you!

I am 32 (33 in Dec) and have had the same issues...on and off for quite some time. I lost weight on WW in 2008-2009 for my wedding and that was the most success I have ever had losing weight...then I got preggers. My daughter was born in April '10 and I didnt keep myself going. I lost a lot of the weight from my pregnancy Breastfeeding but, then I put it back on. i was around 280 when I had my daughter but, then got back up to around 260! Last year, after seeing a picture of myself on Vacation (posted in my pics), it hit me! So, I have been slowly trying to do something about it. I was involved in a challenge the beginning of the year with people at work and that gave me some motivation to get moving. Also, I have had some minor health issues that have caused me to want to lose weight. In August, I started a program called TurboJam thru BeachBody and I LOVE it! I am going to be doing this til around my birthday in Dec then HOPEFULLY getting and starting TurboFire after the 1st of the year. It had been on and off, even in this past year, but since August, I have become more involved on here and decided to be more accountable for my actions! With being on here and having others on the same journey as me, it has helped IMMENSELY! :-)

TURBO JAM is awesome. I've been doing it for years. Its done wonders for me. Just got Turbo Fire a month ago and like it as well although I think I might like Turbo Jam more but that might just be becasue I know it and I am familiar with it and Turbo Fire while it has a lot of the same moves is much more difficult and defiantely pushes my body to its max. You ladies can feel free to add me if you like as well. My started this with some family but they seem to not have quite the same drive as me.
  • candctaber
    Options
    6) Take stock of any and all of the positive changes new eating habits have brought you. Instead of focusing only on the changes you aren’t seeing yet (i.e. a drop in your scale weight), focus on the benefits you are noticing, like saving money by not wasting it on junk food, or your increased energy level from exercising, advises Valerie Berkowitz, author of The Stubborn Fat Fix.

Found a list of 50 things to help when having trouble with weightloss. I am posting one item each day. This was todays.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When I was in Alaska in 2008, I weighed 135 lbs. This past April 2012, I was up to 177 lbs. The heaviest I had ever been in my life. I woke up on MAY 6, 2012, which was a Sunday and for whatever reason, motivation to lose the weight was with me and I got up and started running. The next day I had shin splints which really hurt, so I thought "that's it for me running" My daughter told me that she also gets shin splints when she runs if she wears sneakers. But, if she wears the "expensive" five finger shoes she bought, she doesn't get them.
    Well, I thought she was crazy for paying $110.00 for those stupid looking shoes, but she is an adult and her foot size is very close to mine so I asked her if I could borrow hers and try them out.
    When my shin splints got better. I used the "monkey shoes" and sure enough... no more shin splints. I used them for 3 weeks, then I bought a pair of my own and have been using them since. I am down 35 lbs now and I weigh 142. I plan to lose 10 more lbs and then start learning how to maintain my weight. :smile: