I NEED chocolate!

Options
I often "let" myself have a few semi-sweet chocolate chips to stop the cravings, but they are such a major gateway food! Going to go chew some gum.......

Replies

• trs80
    trs80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here's a reprint of a comment I JUST made on another post

"When I need a quick fix after breakfast, I grab a Quaker chocolate crunch rice cake.
    It's only 60 cals. and has a few small chocolate chips on it for flavor so I also get a
    sweet tooth fix."

You must have been reading my mind :laugh:
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I drink chocolate flavor tea or matcha. Low calorie plus health benefits! You can get some really good strong flavored chocolate teas in loose leaf form from DavidsTea. Good flavored matchas from Red Leaf teas.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I often "let" myself have a few semi-sweet chocolate chips to stop the cravings, but they are such a major gateway food! Going to go chew some gum.......

Many people (myself included) find that if they can go a few days without, the cravings let up. It's almost like an addiction/withdrawl... but this is where discipline and determination come into play.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Many people (myself included) find that if they can go a few days without, the cravings let up. It's almost like an addiction/withdrawl... but this is where discipline and determination come into play.
    Exactly! Persevere and the cravings will let up. Just overload your plate with healthy fruits and veggies and you'll eventually start to crave them instead! :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I've read that a chocolate craving is a sign that you need....something (magnesium, maybe?) - but that eating a handful of raw almonds is supposed to help.

Personally, I love chocolate, and will often have 3 squares of dark chocolate (70% cacao or more) and the raw almonds! :bigsmile: Dark chocolate has some health benefits and is lower in sugar than other varieties. I let it melt in my mouth so it lasts. Good stuff!
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I still have a bit of chocolate in my day. I just make sure I can put it in my daily goal and if that makes me work out harder then so be it. Not for everyone but I feel less like I'm on a 'diet' now than when I cut out everything before and gave up.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    don't we all!

try having a chocolate shake.

i have used usn protein dessert shake before and it is sooo good. weight watchers do a mousse type whip thing. it's a pain to whip. good for the arms though haha

my fav is white or dark chocolate. milk chocolate gives me spots :explode: but sometimes that's all there is sooo i have to suffer :D
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    I drink chocolate flavor tea or matcha. Low calorie plus health benefits! You can get some really good strong flavored chocolate teas in loose leaf form from DavidsTea. Good flavored matchas from Red Leaf teas.

chocolate flavour tea? bet we don't have it over here.

EDIT: OMG WE DO!
  • RSuta
    RSuta Posts: 60
    Options
    fiber one brownies 90 calories
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    eat the chocolate but make sure that it fits within your calories. Only give up something if you plan on giving it up forever. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you approach it as a diet, you will just regress when you are "off" the diet.
  • Marinayes
    Marinayes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    One dark hershey's kiss has 20 calories. I eat it very slowly, but almost daily. Some really bad days, I have 2. I cannot give up chocolate.
  • llpleslie
    Options
    I 2nd the Fiber one fudge brownies, only 90 calories and the Special K chocolate pastries crips only 100 calories. Skinny Cow chocolates are good too. Just saying!!!
  • RSuta
    RSuta Posts: 60
    Options
    i'm not giving up what I like, im just watching how much I like it !
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I make sure I have enough calories left over to have a bit of chocolate after dinner every night!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i love skinny cow - ice cream and candies. Also, yes, the fiber one brownies are good! I like to put mine in the microwave for about 10 seconds so it's warm and melty...OMG YUM!!