Hello Im new here!

Options
Hello I am new here. I am asking for encouragement through this journey. I am so tierd of having to go through this process I wish I could gain control of my addiction to food when I have an addicting personality it is so hard to understand why I have a hard time controlling myself.I weigh 210. I have gotton more big as well as i feel Im watching my 7 year old daughter pick up the same habits, please any advice you have let me know.

Replies

• mrsgiffin
    Options
    hello!! welcome to MFP!! It is an awesome site!!! Stay devoted and honest to this site. It will help you with your weight loss journey!! It has def helped me. Start meeting people on here and even join a thread. I think that was one of the best things for me was the people that have helped me stay motivated. You know what things are good and bad for you. Exercise!! Allow yourself a little "treat" here and there to satisfy your cravings! You will eventually find other foods that will hit the spot that are not that bad for you. You can do it!!! Read the success of others! It will def let you see that you are not the only one struggling with an addiction to food. Good Luck and I will def help you!!!!

301739.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Hey there! Relax... acknowledging this is a huge step! When I started out, it was so easy to control my habits during the day... but at night it was like the food monster arrived and watch the heck out because he was hungry! (Yes it was a he, lol) Figure out what times of the day are hardest for you to control your bad habits. These are the times when you want to be away from home, away from food and where you feel comfortable eating. Be strict about it too, it will take some time and fighting to get through this. But you're motivated to do it so I know you can! Make small goals, like to lose 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Set an actual date for it. When you feel the monster coming out, get away from food and exercise, or take a quick 5 to 10 minute walk outside. Drink water. Lots of times people mistake hunger and thirst... anyway. Stay consistent, keep your motivation and grow some strong will power! You've got it in you, you'll do great! Congratulations on the start of your new journey Make it great! :flowerforyou:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can do this. 210 was my high weight. I suggest just logging your food everyday, do not skip. After you log for a while u can see where u can make substitutions and eliminate. It is a long battle but u can do it. Also education yourself on labels and food itself.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome & congrats on beginning this journey! This is a wonderful opportunity to teach your daughter that anyone can learn new things to better their life! Be proud that you're taking this step!

I found that I had to be patient with myself and not expect changes overnight. I met my goal last year through MFP and received amazing support here. I learned to have fun with food and learn how it effects my body. It sounds weird, but I listen to my body more when I eat. Since I've been on MFP, I learned that processed sugar gives me headaches, potatoes for lunch make me sleepy, and roasted asparagus w/ ground pepper is a great substitute for french fries. You'll find which exercises you love. Last year I learned how to belly dance and I can do more push ups now than I could when I played soccer in high school.

Enjoy the journey & keep posting on MFP. There's support & great ideas whenever you need it. Keep us updated on your progress!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You can do this. 210 was my high weight. I suggest just logging your food everyday, do not skip. After you log for a while u can see where u can make substitutions and eliminate. It is a long battle but u can do it. Also education yourself on labels and food itself.

Welcome!!!! And I agree whole heartily with what kellygirl said. I didn't realize some of my habits I had until I had to start recording them.
  • holdin49
    Options
    I am new to MFP also. am beginning my 5th week on a weight loss program and have lost 6.2 pounds! WhooHoo! I have told so many friends about this site...it is really great! ...best of luck to you!.