Looking for friends on this weight loss journey.

Options
rhinesb
rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
I joined myfitnesspal years ago but it wasn't very user friendly back then and I wasn't very motivated so I never really used it much. I was fairly fit in high school though I did put on a bit of weight in college. But it wasn't until I had my children that I really put on the weight. 9 years, four children, too much food and too little exercise left me at my highest weight in late January at 230 lbs (I'm 5'6").

So at 31 years old and at 230 lbs I was not happy and I lost 30 lbs from early February to early May. I don't really know how to explain what I felt in mid-May. I felt so sluggish. The pressures of my life this summer drug me emotionally down. So instead of continuing on my weight loss journey I stagnated and gained a few pounds back.

A week ago last Sunday I stepped on the scale and I was at 209. I had gained 9 lbs back. A friend of mine had recently joined myfitnesspal and it gave me the little nudge that I needed to get back with it. So I went to join not realizing that I still had an account. So this past Sunday I'm at 203. My over all goal is to get to 145. I still have 58 lbs to go.

If you have anything in common with me I would love to have you as a friend to help you and I keep working towards our goals. I look forward to the day that I can toss my size 18s and slowly make my way down. All pants that get too loose I plan to toss (goodwill or salvation army) so that I will never be able to wear them again. I already have two pants that need to be tossed.

Replies

• tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back to MFP - you have made the right step in re-starting here. It's the perfect place to be accountable and get motivated!
    We all need support and encouragment on this journey - please feel free to add me.
    Good luck on reaching your health fitness goal!
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I started at 213, and I'm down to 186 now. It's a tough road, but we can stumble along it together, if you'd like to send me a friend request!
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    sent friend request. good luck on your weigh loss journey.
  • PeteSuppoti
    Options
    I am always looking for more support. If you would like you may add me.
  • jwilson2001
    jwilson2001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Request sent! I am glad to help support anyone! I was pretty healthy until having my son. My weight just went up after I went back to work. Now, he is 5 so I don't feel like I can claim baby weight any longer! Time to kick some butt!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. I totally understand how that is. I got up to 260 and at such a young age plus being 5'3" it wasn't good. I got down to about 200 and gained a couple back in time. I'm finally completely on track and no matter what the scale says I will continue to keep going because I will not give up on myself again. I wish you the best of luck! Never ever give up keep pushing! :) Friend request coming.
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP. I totally understand how that is. I got up to 260 and at such a young age plus being 5'3" it wasn't good. I got down to about 200 and gained a couple back in time. I'm finally completely on track and no matter what the scale says I will continue to keep going because I will not give up on myself again. I wish you the best of luck! Never ever give up keep pushing! :) Friend request coming.
    Exactly. I refuse to give up on myself again!
  • denice119
    denice119 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! This is my first time trying this app and hope I am as sucessful as the people on here. I love hearing the inspirational stories and can really use all the support i can get so please feel to add me as a friend so we can take this journey together.
  • jcjammin
    jcjammin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Our stories are very similar actually other than our ages haha! Wish I had started this journey in my 30's instead of my 40's but the important thing is that we're doing it. Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me!
  • sandy0723
    sandy0723 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a young dad working on losing weight to enjoy time with my daughters. I am always looking to help support others.
  • HealthEqualsLife
    Options
    hi! feel free to add me! im always looking for new friends!
  • DelananD
    Options
    Hi there! I'm here if you need a bit of motivation. I'm just starting out, but I know what it's like to have a tough road ahead.
  • chynatowngirl44
    chynatowngirl44 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    welcome back to MFP, I would be honored to help you along the way. Feel free to add me
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    welcome back!! feel free to add me :)
  • grctamayo
    grctamayo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my third time using MFP. It's great as long as I keep using it and keep motivated. I am now using my laptop instead of my ipod to calculate and so seeing this forum is awesome! I'd love to get motivation and support from new friends on here. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate posts, blogs etc. I started yesterday and have 30 lbs to go.
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!!!!!! Add me if you'd like! :flowerforyou: