365 days later and 61 pounds lighter!

Options
sayfay
sayfay Posts: 90 Member
One year ago today, I logged onto myfitnesspal for yet another weight loss attempt. I was at my highest weight ever (280!) and for the first time ever, my cholesterol was high. My doctor was very frank: I was morbidly obese and losing weight was now a necessity.

I've struggled with weight most of my life, but after my first marriage ended in a very devastating divorce, I comforted myself with food. And the weight crept up, the sizes crept up, and finally I realized "holy crap, I'm only 20 pounds away from weighing 300 pounds!" I was winded going upstairs. If I forgot something upstairs, I'd bribe my daughter to run up and get it! I knew I had to do something, but I had lost weight before, only to lose a little, stall, give up, and then gain it back (and more). I considered weight loss surgery, but decided I owed it to myself to give it one more try on my own. A real, honest, try.

So, 365 days later, what has happened? Well, I'm 61 pounds lighter! I can shop in "regular" stores (I pretty much cried the first time I tried something on at Gap and it fit!). I can wrap a towel around myself after I shower. I can run up the stairs without getting winded. I can play with my daughter. I exercise 5-6 times a week. I am a RUNNER! Never in a million years did I think that would happen. I've run several 5ks and am signed up for an 8k next month.

I still have a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal. I will admit it has been frustrating at times. The first 40 pounds fell off, this last 20 has been HARD. But, as much as I would have liked to have been further along at this point, I'm mostly just really proud of myself for sticking with it for 365 days. I KNOW I can do this and I KNOW I WILL reach my goal some day.

(Oh, and I'm happily remarried to an amazing guy who has been a HUGE support on this journey. And, he has lost 42 pounds himself!)

some pics (hopefully they display!):

Before:
35jjtd4.jpg

After:
dcsvuq.jpg

side by side:
16c7x46.jpg

Replies

• sayfay
    Options
    ugh, hopefully someone can fix the pictures!!!
  • NewMeAT33
    Options
    Before:
    35jjtd4.jpg

After:
    dcsvuq.jpg

side by side:
    16c7x46.jpg
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Here you go, pics all fixed:

Before:
    35jjtd4.jpg

After:
    dcsvuq.jpg

side by side:
    16c7x46.jpg
  • sayfay
    Options
    thanks!!
  • shantellrae
    Options
    LOOK AT YOU! Way to go!!!!!
  • keisha601
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! Keep up the hard work, it definately is paying off!! And yes, you are right....you do deserve to be healthy and happy! Kuddo's to your supportive hubby, nothing better than a live-in support system!!!
  • Nufraser
    Nufraser Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look wonderful and I love the dress! Keep up the good work.
  • maro_p
    maro_p Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Your progress is wonderful and you look great!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love that the blue dress, and you wear it well!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsoz22
    mrsoz22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    SO proud of you Sara!!!
  • amyjanetx
    amyjanetx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are super adorable! I love your style! Congrats on your loss...You are looking great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!